Q. Pain due to pancreatitis is unbearable. Please help.

Dr. Mashfika N Alam

My sister has been diagnosed with pancreatitis, portal vein thrombosis, and a blood clot in small intestines. Doctors cannot seem to pinpoint what is going on in her intestines/ abdomen. They have her on blood thinners. However, no clot will cause this much pain. Her pain is literally unbearable as she is screaming in pain right after she vomits. Not even morphine helps. Please help.

Hours after she eats, these same symptoms come back. Vomiting is very bad and nonstop and the pain is not bearable. They keep sending her home with narcotics but she cannot even keep those down.

#

She needs a CT scan along with a colonoscopy and upper GIT (gastrointestinal tract) endoscopy to detect the cause of her symptoms.

For more information consult a family physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/family-physician

|