Q. How to treat grade II acne?

Dr. Dilip Kumar Meena
This is a premium question & answer published on May 22, 2022 and last reviewed on: May 24, 2022

I am 24 years old and currently suffering from breakouts which are small bumps with inflammation, especially on my chin.

What should I do regarding this?

#

I understand your concern. You seem to have grade 2 inflammatory acne and will require oral antibiotics.

Also, acne over the chin and lower face might indicate hormonal etiology like polycystic ovarian disease (PCOD), so get yourself tested for that.

You can take the following medicines for three weeks.

1) Capsule Doxycycline 100 mg once a day.

2) Adapalene plus Benzoyl Peroxide gel apply to acne once at night in a tiny amount without rubbing it.

3) Benzoyl Peroxide face wash.

Follow up after three weeks.

Avoid too many sweets, full cream milk, and chocolates.

Also, please do not pick the lesions.

Avoid too much sun exposure while on Doxycycline.

Take care.

|