Papules

How to treat flea bite rashes on arms and legs?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 22-year-old female. I have bites all over my arms and legs that do not heal. My cat has fleas, so I think it is flea bites. I am currently taking Escitalopram. I weigh 130 pounds.  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Can you send me a picture of bites so I can prescribe you medicine accordingly? If there are flea bites, then it can lead to infections and swelling or redness. Take tablet Cetirizine 10 mg once a day after meal for five days. Is there any pus inside bites? Is you...  Read Full »

What are the skin-colored papules on my son's nose?

Query: Hi doctor, My 2.8 year old son has got two tiny skin color papules on the dorsum of the nose. It will not attract one's attention on a casual look. He has the same for more than a month I guess. First, I thought it might be due to sweat. Because, it looks like sweat dots over the nose. It is not itc...  Read Full »

Dr. Vijaykumar Mundeshi

General Practitioner, Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms and the skin lesion do not seem to be serious. This might be due to some viral infection also. Check for any similar skin lesions anywhere else on the body and with other family members. I suggest you consult a dermatologist if the lesions increase in size o...  Read Full »

Why did I get tiny black dots on the body after gallbladder surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, Recently, I had acute pancreatitis, which resulted in gallbladder surgery. Two weeks post operation; I have noticed tiny black dots appearing on my body. Now it has spread, some are raised and some are flat. Should I be concerned? What are they? I have attached the picture of my stom...  Read Full »

Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Hair Transplant Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity) are a bit blurred and these are tiny small papules. Are they itchy? There are two to three possibilities. I will mention it one by one. First is drug reaction - As you had undergone surgery, you must be taki...  Read Full »

What is the fleshy growth on labia majora?

Query: Hello doctor, I saw a fleshy growth on my labia majora. I am worried about it. Can you explain to me what is this fleshy growth?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This appears to be a very small papule or bartholian cyst. It is hard to tell without a direct examination but both of these conditions are not dangerous. Please keep an eye on it, it is supposed to dissolve by itself in the next few weeks. You can use warm compressi...  Read Full »

I have rashes in vagina that keep multiplying. What are they?

Query: Hello doctor, My vagina has got these rashes that are not going away but seem to be multiplying. Some are like three close together and some are single. It does not hurt or itch, it only hurts after sex. None of my previous or current sexual partners have these rashes. The rashes are really small a...  Read Full »

Dr. Shruti Kainth Kaushal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to iclinq.com. I understand your concern. These lesions of yours appear to be small papules (attachment removed to protect patient identity) probably can be due to some viral infection superimposed with a little bit of fungal infection. You should apply Candid B cream locally twice for...  Read Full »

What is causing red papules from fingers to arms?

Query: Hello doctor, I have some red papules on my fingers to arms for the past one day. I am so worried. What is the cause of it?  Read Full »

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. I have gone through the images you have attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The possibility of allergic etiology is more likely. So apply Mometasone cream thrice daily. Drink plenty of fluids orally and keep yourself...  Read Full »

Do you have any idea about the raised painless red spot on my penis?

Query: Hi doctor, Last week, I noticed a red spot on my penis skin. It was only visible with an erection. It was slightly raised, but it does not hurt. I had my last sexual intercourse before two months. I never had it before. I am not taking any medicines. Do you have any idea? What is it? Is there anyth...  Read Full »

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There were no abnormalities seen except for the three papules present over the shaft of a penis. Is it associated with itching? These papules are not STD (sexually transmitted diseases)...  Read Full »

I have a pink raised bump on the chest. What is it?

Query: Hello doctor, I have two questions. I have a pink raised bump on the chest and I have had it for a few months now. The picture makes it look bigger than it is. It is not that big. It used to be bigger and I cut it and it has not grown bigger since. I just wanted to see your opinion. I understand I ...  Read Full »

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your complaints and reviewed the attached photographs (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The lesion on the chest seems to be either dermatofibroma or fibrous papule. Both are benign lesions that need to be removed surgically. The lesio...  Read Full »