Q. I feel alone as my partner is not supportive. Kindly advise.

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

My husband is not available whenever I ask him. Whenever his family treats me bad, he never asks anything. If we fight suddenly he is asking me to take care of myself alone. He is not helping me in my work. I am really stressed. I need someone badly to talk.

#

You are reporting relationship problems which is quite common. Almost all couples go through difficult phases early on in their relationships. Remember there are no perfect couples and no perfect marriages. Everyone has to work proactively to maintain a healthy relationship. Try talking to your husband when things are calm. Discuss with him in a calm manner about situations you find difficult. He may have a different perspective. Both try to approach the problem without accusing each other and follow a problem solving approach. Speak to trusted family members or elders who can discuss with you both in a neutral fashion.

Relationship difficulties can be very stressful for both of you. Try to do relaxing activities like walking, exercise regularly, meditation, etc. If things are really difficult, marital counselling can help. You can contact again if further advice is needed.

|