Q. Can I throw the desiccant packs after opening the medicine bottle?

Dr. Sabita Laskar
This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 02, 2018 and last reviewed on: Jul 13, 2019

There are many desiccant packs in the bottle of ovacure medicine? Can I throw them after opening the bottle? I am scared of eating it with the medicine.

#

The desiccant packs are used to keep the tablets moisture-free. Once opened, they might attract moisture and stick together which may alter its molecule or spoil it. You can keep the packs inside, there is no harm in it. It will just keep the tablets dry.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

My daughter suffers with heavy periods and weight gain. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 15 years old and weighs 99 kg. She has immense pains during periods following which she cannot go to school for around 10 days a month. She has PCOS. She is in grade 10. She was on tablet Deviry and Ovacare. She also faints at times during periods. Earlier, she used to blee...  Read Full »

Palliative Care in Heart Failure

Article Overview: Proper care in heart failure relieves symptoms, improves patient satisfaction and decreases the care costs. But, only a small fraction of end-stage heart failure patients receive palliative care consultation. Read Article

Dr. Karim Hnid

Heart failure is a condition, which has a set of symptoms where the heart cannot provide the blood flow necessary for the needs of the body. Heart failure usually develops slowly after a heart damage caused by a heart attack or excessive heart fatigue after years of untreated hypertension or valvulo...  Read Article

Factors influencing Sexually Transmitted Diseases and its Prevention Strategies

Article Overview: Sexually transmitted diseases are a group of communicable diseases that are transmitted predominantly through sexual contact. This article discusses about the consequences, risk factors and prevention of STDs. Read Article

Sexually Transmitted Diseases Sexually transmitted diseases are a group of communicable diseases that are transmitted predominantly through sexual contact. The sexually transmitted diseases are caused by bacteria, chlamydia and virus. STDs caused by bacteria include syphilis, chancroid, granuloma i...  Read Article

I get twitches on my calves, shoulders, and head after getting the Novavax COVID vaccine. Please help.
Hello doctor, I got the Novavax COVID vaccine. Since I had the vaccine, I had bad arm pain. But the scary thing that ha...  Read more»
It hurts when I push above my left breast bone. Please help.
Hi doctor, I have been having some chest pain issues. When I push above my left breast bone it hurts in only one spot. ...  Read more»
Bird Flu (Avian Influenza) - Causes, Symptoms, Mortality Rate, and Treatment
Bird flu or avian influenza is a viral infection that spreads among birds and can affect humans rarely. Read the article...  Read more»