Cervical Mucus

Will yeast infection in vagina prevent conceiving?

Query: Hello doctor, I am trying to get pregnant for a year now. So far it has not been a success, and the main reason is I have irregular periods and difficulty tracking my fertile window. I have been tracking my ovulation this month, and according to calculations this week I should be ovulating. So this...  Read Full »

Dr. Vidyaprem

Answer: Hello, Welcome to iclinq.com. Yeast infections are usually associated with symptoms like itching or pain. The description of the mucus looks more like an ovulatory discharge. The discharges are not always bookish, it varies with individuals and patterns may have some changes during active sexua...  Read Full »

How to find the ovulation in irregular menstrual cycle?

Query: Hi doctor, I have irregular periods. Should I use ovulation test every day? Also, how to increase cervical mucus? Is it always visible?  Read Full »

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya

Answer: Hi, Welcome back to icliniq.com. No need to check ovulation daily. Just try to regularize your cycle of treatment in a proper way. Let me know the details. An irregular cycle means indirectly you are not ovulating properly or not at all. The mucus produced at the time of ovulation as well as before ...  Read Full »

Is cervical mucus an important criteria for fertility?

Query: Hi doctor, I am trying to conceive. I have very less cervical mucus. Am I infertile? Please help.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Consistency of cervical mucus is not a criteria of infertility. For further doubts consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist  Read Full »

I have PCOD from the last 10 years. Please suggest a permanent cure.

Query: Hello doctor,I am 25, married and sexually active. I suffered from PCOD for a while, took all sorts of allopathic and homeopathic medicines and when I got scanned two months ago, PCOD was not found. I thought this is the end of my problem but, still, my periods are irregular. Last time, I was la...  Read Full »

Dr. Sujata Mittal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please note that PCOD is not diagnosed by ultrasound.Kindly get thyroid profile, serum androsterone test, serum prolactin, serum testosterone, free androgen index, serum insulin, and fasting blood sugar test done.Start doing six sets of Surya Namaskar every day.Follow ...  Read Full »

Is it normal to have lighter periods after stopping the pill?

Query: Hello doctor, Before every period, I am getting a light brown discharge with a brown cervical mucus for three to four days. After that, the bleeding starts, and then again there is a brown discharge for two days. When bleeding starts, I use only one pad a day and, even that does not get full. I wa...  Read Full »

Dr. Sujata Mittal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have to understand that these are hormonal medicines meant for contraception with a lot of side effects. They disturb the hypothalamus, pituitary, and ovarian axis, and suppress your periods totally by reducing the endometrial thickness. Now, your cycles are tryin...  Read Full »