Q. I am 100 kg, and I have PCOS. Can I get pregnant through IVF?

Dr. Sugreev Singh
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 31, 2020 and last reviewed on: Apr 27, 2021

I have PCOS. I have a weight of 100 kilograms. I do not have any other health issues. Can I have the possibility to become pregnant through IVF?

#

Weight is not a concern. While having PCOD (polycystic ovarian disease) it is difficult to have normal ovulation. In this condition, the ovaries get filled with water or fluid. If both ovaries are completely filled with fluid, then there is an absence of ovulation. If they are partially filled or ovaries having small cysts, then there are chances for you to become pregnant. If they are completely filled, you have a difficult situation. If some part is functioning properly, then you can get conceived. It depends on your PCOS status. IVF (in-vitro fertilization) increases your chances and it is one of the most common treatments used in PCOS infertility. If the normal way is not working, then you can try IVF. Discuss your health issues with your doctor.

|