Pelvic Ct Scan

Does brownish discharge indicate infertility?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 22 years old. I am not sexually active. I had my periods on the 15th of last month and on 29th I had spotting with some blood. After that, I am experiencing brown discharge. It has been three days now. Please help me.  Read Full »

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.  If this is the first time you are facing this problem, then there is nothing to worry about. This could be because of stress, strain, anxiety, work pressure, change of place, a change in climate or low blood count. Just take rest, have healthy food and drink plenty of f...  Read Full »

Is it normal to have spotting during 25 weeks of pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 32 years old. She is 25 weeks pregnant currently. This is our second baby. Our first baby is 6 years old. She had a USG after 20 weeks of pregnancy which was normal (specifically placenta location was normal). But from the last two weeks, she is experiencing spotting eve...  Read Full »

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please get yourself checked by a gynecologist internally and get a pelvic scan done to rule out the exact cause. Avoid stress and strain, anxiety, work pressures, lifting heavy weights, bumpy drives, and exercise. Take progesterone supplements. Travel at this point is n...  Read Full »

What are the causes of kidney pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I have just started fasting from yesterday morning and last night I was having slight kidney pain. Then I awoke in the middle of the night with some kidney pain and a swollen kidney feeling and urinated with difficulty like having to really push it out. Similarly, last year my kidney got ...  Read Full »

Dr. Tamer Mohammed Abou Youssif

Urologist, Andrologist, Infertility Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. At least, now you have to stop fasting until you perform investigations such as urinalysis, kidney function test, uric acid and imaging of the urinary tract by CTU (CT urography).   Read Full »

Can you please interpret my ultrasound?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been sick for two years. I was diagnosed with HPV two years back, but no treatment was done. Recently, I was diagnosed with anemia. I have lower back pain, fatigue, tingling in legs, right and left pelvic pain. Currently, I am taking Effexor and Adderall. I had an ultrasound done. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The outcome of ultrasound (attachment removed to protect patient identity) is as follows: The uterus is of normal size. The endometrial thickness measures 1.28 cm and this might be at upper limit of normal, depending on your age and time of your cycle. In the elderly age ...  Read Full »

I had an abdomen CT scan with contrast. Would colon cancer be seen on pelvic CT scan?

Query: Hello doctor,I have been having some chronic abdominal discomfort in my stomach, and occasionally in my chest for several weeks. Also irritable bowels. Before this, I took a six-week course of Ampicillin for what was perceived to be prostatitis. Had an abdomen CT scan with contrast because of testic...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I do not know why you are getting worried about colon cancer? These are not symptoms of colon cancer. As far as your query is concerned, colon cancer may or may not be detected on CT scan based on the stage of cancer. But in most cases, one can see abnormal growth ov...  Read Full »

Will a bowel infection get detected in a nuclear scan?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 70 year old female. My height is 165 cm (5'5") and weight is 70.3 kg (155 lbs). My current medications are Quinapril-HCTZ 20-25 mg and Diltiazem 24HR ER 120 mg. I am experiencing discomfort in the right buttock for the past one year. I had a total body nuclear scan done recently a...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read through your query and reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) in detail. Please find my observations below. The x-ray is always useful when reporting a CT scan. It provides a two-dimensional picture of the screw which is seen to be partly ...  Read Full »

Can a CT scan of the pelvis affect my eggs?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a lower GI and pelvic CT scan with contrast done at the age of 36 years. I fly a lot. I want kids. Did this scan harm my eggs or increase my chances of developing cancer? Nothing was found in the scan, and the MSV was 8.  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read through your query in detail. Please find my observations below. The contrast CT scan pelvis has exposed you to radiation of 8 mSv as recorded on the machine. For a 36 year old female patient, this means you are exposed to an additional cancer risk of 0.09 ...  Read Full »

What is the normal LH and FSH value on day 2 of periods?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a biochemical pregnancy before seven months. One month later, when I took a scan it showed a simple right ovarian cyst measuring 33 x 27 mm. I took Meprate tablet and got my period. Then, my cycle was regular for a month. Then, when I tried again for pregnancy, I did not get my per...  Read Full »

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Regarding the simple cyst and its size, there is no matter of worry. The normal value of LH on day 2 is 2-18 and the normal value of FSH on day 2 is 1-18. Both of which fall in the normal range and so you need not worry. You please start on Folic acid supplements and a...  Read Full »

What is the safety limit for CT scans?

Query: Hi, I am a 31 year old male. I would like to know how many CTscans - abdomen and pelvis are safe in a 2 months time. I have had CT scan abdomen and pelvis 2 months back in another city, but now a doctor here wants it done again as I do not have the reports. Is it safe? What is the safety limit for ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Every CT scan abdomen and pelvis will give you a radiation exposure of approximately 14 mSv which means it gives a risk of 0.16 percent to develop cancer. This means 99.86 percent chance that it will not cause cancer. If you get another CT scan abdomen and pelvis done now...  Read Full »

Is I-pill still effective when taken 48 hours after the act?

Query: Hello doctor, My husband and I had protected sex on the 15th of the month. I have taken an I-pill on the 17th. There is no withdrawal bleeding yet. I was worried about a pregnancy as there was some pre-ejaculate involved. So, I took a pregnancy test and it came back negative. Now, when can I expect...  Read Full »

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since you have taken an emergency contraceptive pill within 72 hours of intercourse, there is no chance of pregnancy. The delay could be because of hormonal changes due to the pill you have taken. Wait for another week or so, and repeat the test with an early ...  Read Full »