Pelvic Ct Scan

I had an abdomen CT scan with contrast. Would colon cancer be seen on pelvic CT scan?

Query: Hello doctor,I have been having some chronic abdominal discomfort in my stomach, and occasionally in my chest for several weeks. Also irritable bowels. Before this, I took a six-week course of Ampicillin for what was perceived to be prostatitis. Had an abdomen CT scan with contrast because of testic...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I do not know why you are getting worried about colon cancer? These are not symptoms of colon cancer. As far as your query is concerned, colon cancer may or may not be detected on CT scan based on the stage of cancer. But in most cases, one can see abnormal growth ov...  Read Full »

Will a bowel infection get detected in a nuclear scan?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 70 year old female. My height is 165 cm (5'5") and weight is 70.3 kg (155 lbs). My current medications are Quinapril-HCTZ 20-25 mg and Diltiazem 24HR ER 120 mg. I am experiencing discomfort in the right buttock for the past one year. I had a total body nuclear scan done recently a...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read through your query and reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) in detail. Please find my observations below. The x-ray is always useful when reporting a CT scan. It provides a two-dimensional picture of the screw which is seen to be partly ...  Read Full »

Can a CT scan of the pelvis affect my eggs?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a lower GI and pelvic CT scan with contrast done at the age of 36 years. I fly a lot. I want kids. Did this scan harm my eggs or increase my chances of developing cancer? Nothing was found in the scan, and the MSV was 8.  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read through your query in detail. Please find my observations below. The contrast CT scan pelvis has exposed you to radiation of 8 mSv as recorded on the machine. For a 36 year old female patient, this means you are exposed to an additional cancer risk of 0.09 ...  Read Full »

What is the normal LH and FSH value on day 2 of periods?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a biochemical pregnancy before seven months. One month later, when I took a scan it showed a simple right ovarian cyst measuring 33 x 27 mm. I took Meprate tablet and got my period. Then, my cycle was regular for a month. Then, when I tried again for pregnancy, I did not get my per...  Read Full »

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Regarding the simple cyst and its size, there is no matter of worry. The normal value of LH on day 2 is 2-18 and the normal value of FSH on day 2 is 1-18. Both of which fall in the normal range and so you need not worry. You please start on Folic acid supplements and a...  Read Full »

What is the safety limit for CT scans?

Query: Hi, I am a 31 year old male. I would like to know how many CTscans - abdomen and pelvis are safe in a 2 months time. I have had CT scan abdomen and pelvis 2 months back in another city, but now a doctor here wants it done again as I do not have the reports. Is it safe? What is the safety limit for ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Every CT scan abdomen and pelvis will give you a radiation exposure of approximately 14 mSv which means it gives a risk of 0.16 percent to develop cancer. This means 99.86 percent chance that it will not cause cancer. If you get another CT scan abdomen and pelvis done now...  Read Full »

Is I-pill still effective when taken 48 hours after the act?

Query: Hello doctor, My husband and I had protected sex on the 15th of the month. I have taken an I-pill on the 17th. There is no withdrawal bleeding yet. I was worried about a pregnancy as there was some pre-ejaculate involved. So, I took a pregnancy test and it came back negative. Now, when can I expect...  Read Full »

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since you have taken an emergency contraceptive pill within 72 hours of intercourse, there is no chance of pregnancy. The delay could be because of hormonal changes due to the pill you have taken. Wait for another week or so, and repeat the test with an early ...  Read Full »

Can PCOS cause irregular periods?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 28 year old unmarried woman. Last month my period was irregular. I got my periods on the 30th of last month and it was already 20 days later from the actual due. Initially, I had spotting for five days, then I bled for seven days and again, had spotting for three days. Now, I am bl...  Read Full »

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please do not worry. Irregular periods are not an alarming thing to worry about. Irregular periods are due to stress and strain anxiety work pressure change of place change in climate low blood count thyroid disorders or uterine or ovarian problems. Please...  Read Full »

Will a partial hysterectomy help me relieve severe period pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 22 year old female. Why does the area, which I believe is my ovaries, hurt when I stretch? The pain would be in both the left and right side. When I sit down for a long time or when I defecate, it hurts a lot in the area. During my periods, why do my legs go numb? Every month aroun...  Read Full »

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the history you have given, it sounds like something is affecting the neuromuscular area on both sides at the pelvic or may I say the deep groin area. If I may further explain, the uterus is 7 cm long muscular structure, which is being held in position, folded o...  Read Full »

After starting a new birth control pill, my periods have become irregular. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, Last month, I started a new birth control pill and I bled nearly about 20 days or more. This month I was really late. But, my boobs were extremely sore. I am extremely sexually active with my boyfriend. Then, I bled heavily for a few days with clots and the pain was so extreme. I had naus...  Read Full »

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If your beta hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) levels are below 100 and are not rising, then there is no chance of pregnancy. However, these symptoms could be because of stress, strain, anxiety, work pressure, change of place, change in climate or hormonal changes due to...  Read Full »

I have started bleeding heavily in my postpartum. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I am currently (almost) 6 weeks postpartum. I had sex at 4 weeks of postpartum and I got the Nexplanon inserted a couple of days before that. My doctor checked to see whether my uterus was still up high and it was not. Also, I did not have any tearing during birth. My bleeding stopped at ...  Read Full »

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please get yourself checked by a gynecologist internally and get a pelvic scan done to rule out the exact cause. Post delivery your body is tender and in a state of recovery. It is not yet ready to take so much stress and strain. Usually, this could be due to the Nexplano...  Read Full »