Q. Can pelvic inflammatory disease cause a dull ache in the area of the right ovary that starts immediately after periods?

Dr. J N Naidu

I am 35 years old. My height is 5 feet 4 inches, and my weight is 65 kg. For two months, I have had a dull ache in the area around my right ovary that starts immediately after my period ends. I had mild PCOS two years back and had a miscarriage this year.

Kindly help.

#

I suggest you get an ultrasound abdomen done.

Thank you for the response.

I am attaching my ultrasound abdomen reports.

Kindly check.

#

I have reviewed your reports (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity). You have a retroverted uterus. It is not dangerous but can cause mild discomfort during sex or menstruation. You also have right ovarian adhesions due to earlier pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) infections. If you have symptoms of PID like vaginal discharge, continuous lower abdominal pain, and fever, you must consult a doctor immediately for appropriate treatment. The enlarged right ovary can be due to benign causes. Causes of weight loss have to be thoroughly investigated. However, if the pain intensity is gradually reducing, there is no need for further treatment.

|