Q. Are itchy marks on the breast a sign of breast cancer?

Dr. Lokesh

I have two indented lines about 1 inch long across the top of my breast. I noticed them this morning, and they have not gone away. Should I be concerned about this? Is this a sign of cancer?

Dr. Lokesh

Orthopedics And Traumatology Spine Health Spine Surgery
#

• This is not a sign of a breast cancer. So, you should not be worried. Signs of breast cancer include discharge from the nipples, lumps, puckering (tethering) of the skin around the nipple, constant dull aching pain, and a continuous inversion of the nipple.
  • This can either be a fungal infection of the skin or it can be due to a rash from a lace bra. So, you do not need to be worried.
  • You can show it to a dermatologist and take medicines which can help.

This professional advice provided by me stands subject to the actual examination of report or image and is based entirely on inputs provided to me. It should be correlated with clinical findings. Regards.

For more information consult a general practitioner online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-practitioner

| 

The marks on the breast do not itch now, but it was itchy early this morning.

Dr. Lokesh

#

• Yes, itching is a sign of an infection, and it looks more like a fungal infection (attachment removed to protect patient identity).
  • So, a clinical examination by a dermatologist will be beneficial and will help you get the right medicines. So, you should not worry much,

| 

Related Video

Can fungal infection cause low grade fever?

Query: Hi doctor, For around nine weeks now, I have had a low grade fever and that persists. Also, I feel a little upper throat fullness and mild sinus congestion. I have been in and out of primary care clinics many times looking for help.  I had two chest x-rays and they were clear. I also had blood test...  Read Full »

Does Itching Disturb Your Regular Activities?

Article Overview: This article discusses in detail the diagnosis and management of severe itching. Read Article

Nowadays itching is a major problem or symptom of most of the allergic, systemic or fungal diseases. 4 out of 10 people have had some type of itching problem of the skin in their routine life. Severe itch also disturbs regular activities of daily living of mankind. What is Itching? Itching is de...  Read Article

I have fungal infection in my ear.Is it mandatory to stay at the hospital overnight for a microsuction?

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with fungal ear infection yesterday. Doctor asked me to get admitted in the hospital for a microsuction to remove fungal debris. Is it mandatory to stay at the hospital overnight for a microsuction? Can microsuction be done as an out patient procedure without staying in...  Read Full »

Ask a General Practitioner Now