Dull Aching Pain

Why do I have painful lumps on my head?

Query: Hi doctor,I have a small cluster of lumps on the crown of my head. They are solid, immovable lumps that have developed over the last few weeks. In the last few days, I have noticed that I am having pain in my head where the lumps are. I do not have headaches per day; it feels as though my skull is s...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for the query. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from a small cluster of lumps on the head's crown, which are solid, immovable lumps that have developed over the last few weeks. They are painful too. It is difficult...  Read Full »

What can cause constant soreness on the left side of the head and face?

Query: Hi, I have this constant sore pain on the left side of my head, the pain is like I hit myself into something and feels sore and tender and includes the left side of my face. I also have constant ringing in my left ear. I also get some time a sharp electric shock right behind the occipital bone just...  Read Full »

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

Answer: Hello dear possible causes are like fibromyalgia or chronic fatigue syndrome or vit d deficiency or b12 deficiency or migranous headache. Until examination is done it is difficult to say what it is. Use tablet naproxen 250 mg twice a day for five days. Avoid cool drinks and ice creams. Do regula...  Read Full »

Why do I have dull cramping with continuous chest pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 37 years old and normally take Hydrochlorothiazide for diastolic blood pressure and Zebeta for S node dysfunction. I am also on Metformin. My A1c is 6.1. Two days ago, I started experiencing dull cramping chest pain that was not continuous. I went to the ER and all the tests came bac...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. From the way you are describing, it seems either you had an arrhythmia that time or you had angina pain. Since your blood pressure and heart rate are in normal ranges without medicines, you should avoid any medicines at this time. I would recommen...  Read Full »

How do I reduce the dull pain in my hamstring?

Query: Hi doctor, I am doing dance for a year and a half now. After dance class I used to do stretching. Since Monday, I am feeling a dull pain in my right hamstring and quad. It was uncomfortable for me to walk up and down the stairs. So, I applied ice and took Ibuprofen. Then throughout the day the pain ...  Read Full »

Dr. Rashi Verma

General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The initial goal of treatment is to reduce pain and swelling. To accomplish this, I recommend you to do the following. Take a break from strenuous activities to allow the injury to heal. Use a cane or crutches to avoid putting your full weight on your injured leg. App...  Read Full »

I have a dull headache. Can it be related to thyroid issue?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been diagnosed with Hashimoto's five months ago. My anti-TPO and anti-TG were 115 and 33 respectively. My TSH was 1.5 and FT4 1.1, so normal function. Two months ago, I started having palpitations and tested my thyroid again. TSH was 0.0018 (suppressed), FT4 2.66 and FT3 7.8. I wa...  Read Full »

Dr. Swaraj S W

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have written a very detailed and engrossing history. Well done! The diagnosis of Graves' is usually made with a technetium scan of thyroid which I am not sure it was done or not. Regarding your dull ache of the head, is it present throughout the day or just morning or...  Read Full »

Could it be an issue of the crown that causes pain in the teeth?

Query: Hi doctor, About 13 years ago, I had an abscess on the right upper first and second molars. The Endodontist has done root canal treatment in these teeth and crowns were placed after the treatment. Recently, I experienced pain around the gums in the second molar and there is a pain radiating to the ...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentist, Endodontist, Pedodontist, Periodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It could be mostly due to food impaction causing infection below the crown. So, the dentist might have tried to clean it. If you have X-ray of the teeth please attach it for examination. This pain is definitely not an allergy. Use warm salt water gargle twice a day f...  Read Full »

How can I get relieved from the stretching pain in the ribs?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 42-year-old male. I am getting a stretching pain in the lower part of my ribs, front and back on right-hand side for past one week. It feels like it is under my ribs on base.  Read Full »

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for your query. You have musculoskeletal pain which is dull and tight pain that increases with movement and taking the breath. Local Voltaren (Diclofenac) gel three times per day and Deep Heat cream three times per day for two weeks will improve it. The other ...  Read Full »