Q. What causes yellow penile discharge with negative GC swab?

Answered by
Dr. Bharat Udey
and medically reviewed by Dr. Vinodhini. J
Published on Jan 19, 2020

Hello doctor,

I had a negative G/C swab. As a treatment, I took two doses of Fluconazole and Metrogyl. What can cause a yellow discharge from the penis? I do excessive masturbation and had sex with two unprotected partners.

Dr. Bharat Udey

Geriatrics Psychiatry Sexology Sleep Medicine


Welcome to icliniq.com.

Yellowish discharge from the penis along with a history of unprotected sexual intercourse points towards having contracted STDs (sexually transmitted disease). The most common infection is that of gonorrhea and chlamydia, which presents with complaints of painful micturition, blood in urine, pus discharge per urethra, itching, inflammation of prostate and testicles, low-grade fever, sore throat, body aches and flu-like symptoms as well.

Mode of transmission would be unprotected homosexual, heterosexual contact with an infected partner and very close physical contact. It can spread from hand to hand contact as well, and from infected mother to the child as well in-utero.

The treatment includes treating both gonorrhea and chlamydia, as they are usually transmitted together.

For gonorrhea, Cipro XR (Ciprofloxacin extended-release) 500 mg single dose, or Levaquin (Levofloxacin) 500 mg single dose, or Tequin (Gatifloxacin) 400 mg single dose.

For chlamydia, Doxycycline 100 mg two to three times a day for 10–14 days, or Zithromax (Azithromycin) 1.0 g single dose, or Zithromax or Z-pak (Azithromycin) 500mg on day 1, followed by one tablet (250 mg) once a day for four more days.

To prevent reinfection, concurrently treat the partner as well.


Always have protected sex, avoid unprotected and unnatural sexual activities. Once treated successfully, the infection will not come back until contracted the new infection.

Was this answer helpful?


Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

Please suggest an opinion about genital STD infection.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 26-year-old male. I have an STD infection in the genital area. I want to know about it? Please suggest.  Read Full »

May I know the set of tests to be done for gonorrhea and chlamydia?

Query: Hi doctor, Please explain the laboratory tests to be taken for gonorrhea and chlamydia. Is there any test other than urine and throat swab test? If I go for testing what should I ask? How much will it cost?  Read Full »

I got urethritis and conjunctivitis after unprotected oral sex. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I got urethritis and conjunctivitis, at the same time a few months back. I had thick transparent penile discharge with burning and itching sensation. I got this after a week of having unprotected oral sex. I have had urethral swab and urine test done, and the reports showed ureaplasma...  Read Full »



Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Urologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.
Enter Your Health Query
You can upload files and images in the next step.



Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.