Q. I have a pale skin on my glans penis since ten years. Should I be concerned?

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

I have had pale skin on my glans for over ten years. Since I was a kid, I have never had a problem. There are no symptoms like soreness or irritation. It is just purely the appearance of it that I do not like. People had said it could be a fungal infection. I have tried creams and oral capsules for improvement. I need your opinion on what you think it could be. Kindly help.

#

I understand your concern. I have gone through the pictures attached (attachment removed to protect the patient’s identity). The possible differentials for your condition include lichen sclerosus et atrophicus (LSA) and genital vitiligo. Therefore, there is no need to panic. However, I suggest you stop using antifungals or steroids as they would damage your skin. I also suggest you apply Tacrolimus 0.1 % twice daily for three months and look for repigmentation.

Kindly revert in case of further queries.

Thank you for the reply. Could you tell me a good cream that I could use? Kindly help.

#

I understand your concern. I would suggest you use Tacrolimus 0.1 % ointment.

I hope you understand.

|