Q. Soreness in eyes with paranoid nature refrains my sleep with fear of becoming blind. Please help.

Dr. Bibek Subedi
This is a premium question & answer published on May 09, 2020 and last reviewed on: May 19, 2020

I am a very paranoid person. The smallest thing that happens to me ends up searching it up on the internet and stressing over it. One of my main problems is freaking out about going to sleep and waking up worse. For example, yesterday I got an eyelash in my eye and it was so close to my cornea, but it did not touch it. After that, I would constantly go to the bathroom to check if there was something in my eye. The constant touching led to my eye being sore and I was afraid to fall asleep and wake up blind. I ended up sleeping at 5 AM. I was wondering if you had any tips to help me not be afraid to sleep at night.

This is an Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the ad.

Dr. Bibek Subedi

Psychiatry
#

Try sleep hygiene. Avoid excessive caffeine intake, do not sleep at day time. Maintain a regular schedule for sleeping and waking time. Do not use mobile phone or watch TV when you are in bed. Go to bed when you fall asleep. If you do not feel sleepy in the bed wake up and engage in some activities until you feel sleepy.

Try this first as well as regular exercise or meditation and engage in your regular activity. If this does not help try Zolpidem 10 mg at night time for 10 days, eat this medicine and immediately go to sleep. Along with this take Fluoxetine 20 mg in the morning after meal.

| 

How to tackle depression until I meet my psychiatrist?

Query: Hi doctor,I have chronic depression as a result of trauma and abuse. I was taking Wellbutrin. I changed my job and moved to a new place. So, I ran out of the medication. Now, I am experiencing lethargy, fatigue and loss of interest. I am a bit concerned. Please help.  Read Full »

Could my insomnia be due to increase in Zoloft dosage?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been taking 100 mg of Zoloft for a number of years. On 14th, my doctor added another 50 mg which I take at bedtime. For the past few days, I have been experiencing severe insomnia and can rarely sleep for more than an hour at a time. In addition, I have begun taking 25 mg of Se...  Read Full »

I am concerned about my friend's diagnosis of paranoid schizophrenia. Kindly advice.

Query: Hello doctor, I am concerned about my friends medical diagnosis about paranoid schizophrenia is fabricated by him and resulting in unnecessary medication. Kindly advice.  Read Full »