iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersDermatologypenile disordersHow to treat the rashes on head of my circumcised penis?

How can the rashes on the head of my circumcised penis be treated?

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At December 24, 2017
Reviewed AtJanuary 18, 2024

Patient's Query

Hello doctor,

I have rashes on the head of my circumcised penis. Kindly help.


Welcome to icliniq.com.

I saw your clinical picture (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity).

This is called pearly penile papules. It is not a disease. It is a physiological variant.

There is nothing to worry. You can ignore it, it is not going to cause any harm.

If you are concerned cosmetically, it can be removed using cryotherapy.

No cream or ointment is necessary. Any cream or ointment would cause more harm than help.

Kindly do not try any home remedies. You will end up having skin damage.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Ashwini. V. Swamy
Dr. Ashwini. V. Swamy


Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online


*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy