Circumcision Of Penis

The surgical removal of the skin covering the tip of the penis (foreskin) is called circumcision. It has various health benefits like better hygiene, fewer chances of urinary tract infections and STDs, prevents many penile problems, and decreased the risk of penile cancer.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by Verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

Can I have sex with phimosis?

Query: Hi doctor,I have phimosis. I am ashamed to have sex with my fiance. Will sex be a problem or uncomfortable in future? Is there any solution other than surgery?  Read Full »

Dr. R Balakrishnan Menon

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Phimosis is a condition where the foreskin is tight around the glans penis or the soft tip of the penis. I am sure you have not consulted any doctors for the same. I would suggest you get it examined. The problem is that, when you are aroused at the time of sex, the si...  Read Full »

How effective are condoms against STDs?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a circumcised male. I usually use the same condom for first getting a blowjob and then having vaginal sex. I have general questions for future events about safe sex and HIV protection : If the oral sex is rough and includes vigorous contact of a partner's teeth with the condom, a...  Read Full »

Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti

Community Medicine Physician, Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Preventive Medicine Physician, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Thank you for the query. Condoms have to undergo rigorous testing conditions to be approved. It will be tested for burst, strength, leak, etc. There are tests for all these. Usually, they can withstand all the regular sexual acts. Suppose it is purposefully or force...  Read Full »

Why am I having tightness in the foreskin with rashes on the penis?

Query: Hi doctor,Before a few months, I went to a doctor as I had a bad rash on the shaft of the penis and around the groin area. I was prescribed creams and after examination, the doctor told me it as psoriasis. The condition is manageable now but my foreskin is tight. It was tight initially in a normal s...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Andrews

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to In psoriasis affecting the penis, condoms can help to protect the affected psoriatic skin from inducing trauma. Elocon is an ointment with a corticosteroid. This helps to provide relief from inflammation and dryness during psoriasis. This is a good cream and it is helpf...  Read Full »

How to treat the pimples present on the foreskin of the penis?

Query: Hello I have pimples like appearance on my penis right from the age of 14. They haven't disappeared. They tend to present on the edge of the foreskin at the penis tip.They vary in size. Some are big and some are small. I'm not sure whether they disappear and new one appears. I haven't had any vagin...  Read Full »

Dr. J N Naidu

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: It appears that they are warts.They are contagious and get transmitted to sexual partner. vaccination is available. She can have vaccination at 28. For this age Starting dose,second dose after one month ,third dose at six months.(total 3 doses) Note:she will get immunity after second dose. unnec...  Read Full »

Kindly advise to get relief from premature ejaculation.

Query: Hello sir I m getting problem of early ejaculation and having loe sensitivity on ny penis when it ejaculated ..i had never sex with anyone but m fear that i have problem is that right ?? Plz reply me ..waiting for your help  Read Full »

Dr. C Sharath Kumar

Infertility Specialist, Sexologist

Answer: You have Premature Ejaculation (PE). PE is ejaculating before you or your partner are satisfied .It is a common problem that is faced by most men at some point in their lives. Several factors can influence when ejaculation occurs. It can be controlled with some techniques. In extreme cases, medica...  Read Full »

Is it good to do circumcision at the age of 37?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 37 years old. I am unable to retract my foreskin. It is very tight. Kindly advise if circumcision is safe at this age. What are the care and precautions that need to be taken during and after circumcision?  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Relax and do not worry. I suggest you should undergo circumcision. We do circumcision even for an individual of 60 or 65 years, so there is nothing to worry. It is an absolutely safe and minor procedure. There are no major precautions need to take before or after surge...  Read Full »

Why is my foreskin cracked?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a problem with the foreskin. I cannot pull back the skin as it has developed cracks in the tip area. Please advice.  Read Full »

Dr. Mashfika N Alam

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to A cracked, irritated or fissured foreskin could be due to a number of reasons. If you have diabetes mellitus, both diagnosed or undiagnosed, it could cause a fungal infection of the foreskin leafing to cracking. If you are not a known case of diabetes, you mus...  Read Full »

How is penile yeast infection treated?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a yeast infection in my penis for the last two years. I have tried all natural medicines like coconut oil, yogurt, etc. Also, if apply Panderm plus or FourDerm or Candid cream daily, then I feel normal. Otherwise, I am getting inflammation and swelling of the penis. Kindly suggest...  Read Full »

Dr. Sreejith Mg

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Always evaluate the cause of recurrent yeast infection. It can be any of the following reasons. Maintain good genital hygiene. Daily wash the genital area with soap and water and keep it dry. If you are uncircumcised, then clean under the foreskin. Unprotected sexu...  Read Full »

Can rashes on the penis be penile cancer?

Query: Hi doctor, For the second time I have suffered a rash on the glans of my penis in this year. This time the rash was more intense in color. There has never been any itching or pain associated with this rash. But, just a scary looking color. I was tested for all STD and STI infections before a mont...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to First of all, do not worry as you do not have penile cancer. This is a recurrent attack of balanoposthitis. You should get tested for diabetes. For tight foreskin, you need circumcision. Also, if you are using a condom or any jelly during intercourse, then that might be ...  Read Full »

Why does swelling in the circumcised area are not reduced even after a year?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a circumcision swelling present for one year. I have seen three urologists, and all have said there is still swelling, and they are not sure why it has not gone away. This past couple of days, the swelling and redness have increased. The head and inner skin get easily irritat...  Read Full »

Dr. Gajanan Bhat

General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I have gone through your history and photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It would have been easy to assess the condition if I get the photograph of the foreskin before surgery. If you have the histopathology report of the excised foreskin, plea...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours
Chat with a Doctor

Chat with a Doctor

Starting @ just $29.99

Search for a Health Issue


Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.