Q. The retracted portion of my penis is sensitive. Is there any natural remedy?

Dr. C Sharath Kumar

I have a problem with my penis. If i remove the foreskin of my penis, the retracted part (i.e pink head) is very sensitive. It cause swelling if I touch it or rubbed/touched by any clothes. Is there any natural remedy for that?

#

You have Hypersensitivity of Glans Penis. Topical ointments or sprays that reduce sensitivity can often be used safely on the penis. These may help to reduce the risk and occurrence of premature ejaculation. Numbing sprays and other products usually contain anesthetic medications, such as lidocaine.

Oral antidepressants, such as Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors ( SSRIs), may also help. SSRIs block the effects serotonin have on ejaculation. Stronger SSRIs can lead to erectile dysfunction and other side effects over time. Cognitive behavior therapy (CBT) or other forms of talk therapy may help. Penile injury, tight Frenelum, tight foreskin or infection, may also cause hypersensitivity. They require specific treatment. Sun therapy may help. Apply Olive oil few drops over glans daily twice for dry skin. Wash the head of the penis with mild soap and water twice daily.

| 

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»

Ask a Sexologist Now