Q. The retracted portion of my penis is sensitive. Is there any natural remedy?

Answered by
Dr. C Sharath Kumar
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 28, 2020

I have a problem with my penis. If i remove the foreskin of my penis, the retracted part (i.e pink head) is very sensitive. It cause swelling if I touch it or rubbed/touched by any clothes. Is there any natural remedy for that?


You have Hypersensitivity of Glans Penis. Topical ointments or sprays that reduce sensitivity can often be used safely on the penis. These may help to reduce the risk and occurrence of premature ejaculation. Numbing sprays and other products usually contain anesthetic medications, such as lidocaine.

Oral antidepressants, such as Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors ( SSRIs), may also help. SSRIs block the effects serotonin have on ejaculation. Stronger SSRIs can lead to erectile dysfunction and other side effects over time. Cognitive behavior therapy (CBT) or other forms of talk therapy may help. Penile injury, tight Frenelum, tight foreskin or infection, may also cause hypersensitivity. They require specific treatment. Sun therapy may help. Apply Olive oil few drops over glans daily twice for dry skin. Wash the head of the penis with mild soap and water twice daily.

Was this answer helpful?



This is a sponsored Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the Ad.

Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Sexologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.