Q. How can tight foreskin be managed?

I am 18 years old, boy and I have a very tight foreskin and I have not even pulled it back. I tried to do it once using oil but it was of no use.

Do you have a question on Tight Foreskin or Circumcision Of Penis?

Ask a Doctor Now

M.B.B.S., M.D
Hematology Pathology

The mentioned history is suggestive of phimosis in which foreskin cannot be retracted back over glans. Topical steroid cream can be beneficial in mild case. But, in severe case like in your case, if foreskin cannot be retracted, then circumcision like day care minor surgery can be done. So, I suggest you consult Urologist for your examination and operation.

Is there any home remedies for Tight Foreskin (Phimosis)?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 19 years old. I have a tight foreskin. Please suggest me the remedies and the types of oil used to roll back the skin.  Read Full »
Dr. Alka

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The problem of a tight foreskin is known as phimosis. In phimosis, the patients feel a variety of symptoms. Sometimes a patient may find it hard to urinate due to the tight foreskin and may usually suffer from urinary tract infections. Some people do not have a...  Read Full »

Why does my foreskin not coming down completely?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 29 years old. I am a male. Though I have been having healthy masturbation since past 15 years or more, the head of my penis is visible only a little bit and the foreskin not fully comes down. Will that situation hamper my married life? Having sex with a condom is possible right? ...  Read Full »
Dr. Ramchandra Lamba
Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If the foreskin does not retract fully, then it is difficult to perform the sexual activity because it can cause pain and can cause rupture of the frenulum. It all depends upon the severity of the condition. It is advisable that you meet a surgeon in person for an evalu...  Read Full »

I have phimosis. Will sex be a problem for me?
Query: Hi doctor,I have phimosis. I am ashamed to have sex with my fiance. Will sex be a problem or uncomfortable in future? Is there any solution other than surgery?  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Phimosis is a condition where the foreskin is tight around the glans penis or the soft tip of the penis. I am sure you have not consulted any doctors for the same. I would suggest you get it examined. The problem is that, when you are aroused at the time of s...  Read Full »

Ask a Doctor Now