Q. I get recurrent penile yeast infection with skin crack on the penis. Please help.

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 21, 2020 and last reviewed on: Sep 23, 2020

I have a penile yeast infection and oral thrush. I am currently using Clotrimazole cream twice daily for the past seven to eight days, but I still see some white colored thin fungus like particles. (These are very few near the glans penis).

This is the second time the fungal infection has appeared. When the first incidence of the infection appeared I took two doses of Fluconazole and the infection seemed to disappear. Additionally, I see cracks on the head of the penis. I have had used soap to clean the penis in the past. The first time when I had white layer of smegma, the FNP had recommended me to use Triamcinolone acentonide and this did not cure the problem but I think it did aggravate it. My penis seems quite unhealthy than before with cracks on it. My concern is apart from treatment for infection, will I be able to get healthy crack free penis head back again and can I completely get rid of the fungus?

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

#

I can understand your problem. Yes, sure you will get crack-free penis but you have to rule out other infections assosiated with cracked penis.

Immune suppression. Diabetes. Sexually transmitted diseases. Penile eczema. Soap or moisturizer irritation. Allergy.

Complete blood picture. Blood sugar levels. Urine culture and sensitivity. Wet mount preparation if possible.

Penile eczema. Herpes simplex infection.

Use capsule Itraconazole 100 mg twice daily for two weeks after food. Use candid oral mouth paint for oral thrush twice a day for one week.
Candid B gel on glans twice daily for five days.

Avoid irritants that causes penile skin irritation. Avoid tight inner wear. Avoid intercourse for one week. Get treat your partner also same time.

Review after one week.

| 
RPR Non-reactive Non-reactive
IH019 - HIV 4 Gen - In House
Reported
8/10/2020 1:28 PM
Status
Final

Test Name ResultFlags Reference Range
HIV 1/2 Antibody Non-Reactive Non-Reactive
HIV Antigen Non-Reactive Non-Reactive

IH026 - TSH w/ Reflex - In House
Reported
8/10/2020 2:32 PM
Status
Final
Test Name Result Flags Reference Range
TSH 1.53 mlU/L 0.3 - 4.0

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

# Hello

Dear dont worry the test reports are normal. So don't worry and TSH level also with in normal range. Continue above medication and please review after 2 days.

Take care

| 
I am now seeing some fungus like strands (which are usually observed in stale bread) in my stool.
AdditionalIy I feel fatigued a lot

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

# Hello

dear is there any mucous in stools?? How many times your passing stools??

Is there any pain abdomen?? What you ate yesterday??

| 
It's just once a day. There's no pain in abdomen. I don't know how mucous looks in stool and have not noticed something odd than fungus like threads.
It's just an orange, normal khichdi and green moong.
I am seeing this since a week
It could be there before as well
but only since a week I actually observed it.

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

# Hello

dear it may be due to

(possible causes I'm mentioned here)

1. Irritable bowel syndrome.
2. Subacute intestinal bacterial overgrowth.
3. Worms like tenia may present like compressed tape like threads in grey colour stool.
4. It may be a mucous due shigella or salmonella infection.
5. Fungal overgrowth may present like blobs of mucous in white colour. It may also form threads.
6. It may be a malobsorption syndrome or food intolerance.

Until examination is done it is difficult to say what it is.

Use tablet sporulac two tablets twice a day for five days. Avoid spicy food and alcohol. Use tablet bandy plus one tablet stat dose after food.

Get it done stool examination for ova , cysts , microscopy , culture, fat levels, pus cells and sensitivity.

Please review with reports or consult with your physician he will examine and treat you accordingly.

Take care.

|