Q. Kindly suggest a permanent cure for penile yeast infection.

Dr. Sreejith Mg
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 25, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 14, 2020

I have a yeast infection in my penis for the last two years. I have tried all natural medicines like coconut oil, yogurt, etc. Also, if apply Panderm plus or FourDerm or Candid cream daily, then I feel normal. Otherwise, I am getting inflammation and swelling of the penis. Kindly suggest a good medicine for permanent cure. Thank you.

#

Always evaluate the cause of recurrent yeast infection. It can be any of the following reasons.

Maintain good genital hygiene. Daily wash the genital area with soap and water and keep it dry.

If you are uncircumcised, then clean under the foreskin.

• Unprotected sexual contact with an infected partner is another important reason, so treat your partner if she has a vaginal yeast infection.
  • Immunocompromised status is another cause for yeast infection, so evaluate yourself for diabetes, HIV, etc. Check your blood sugar level and treat if you have diabetes.
  • If not improving with the above, then you may go for oral antifungal like Fluconazole for one or two weeks along with steroid gel.

If it recurs after stopping the treatment, then continue the treatment once in a week regimen after consulting your dermatologist. If none of these works, then go for circumcision.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|