Q. Kindly suggest a permanent cure for penile yeast infection.

Dr. Sreejith Mg
Published on Jul 25, 2018 and last reviewed on: Jun 20, 2019

I have a yeast infection in my penis for the last two years. I have tried all natural medicines like coconut oil, yogurt, etc. Also, if apply Panderm plus or FourDerm or Candid cream daily, then I feel normal. Otherwise, I am getting inflammation and swelling of the penis. Kindly suggest a good medicine for permanent cure. Thank you.

Dr. Sreejith Mg

Diabetology General Medicine Internal Medicine
#

Always evaluate the cause of recurrent yeast infection. It can be any of the following reasons.

Maintain good genital hygiene. Daily wash the genital area with soap and water and keep it dry.

If you are uncircumcised, then clean under the foreskin.

• Unprotected sexual contact with an infected partner is another important reason, so treat your partner if she has a vaginal yeast infection.
  • Immunocompromised status is another cause for yeast infection, so evaluate yourself for diabetes, HIV, etc. Check your blood sugar level and treat if you have diabetes.
  • If not improving with the above, then you may go for oral antifungal like Fluconazole for one or two weeks along with steroid gel.

If it recurs after stopping the treatment, then continue the treatment once in a week regimen after consulting your dermatologist. If none of these works, then go for circumcision.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

I have colorless and odorless discharge. Is it due to hormonal imbalance?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 30 year old female. I am suffering from white discharge since the last four months. It is colorless, odorless with no itchiness and the quantity of the discharge is more than normal. Two years back, I had a similar problem for which I was advised to take Fluconazole 150 mg thre...  Read Full »

Are the medicines given to me for scabies correct?

Query: Hi doctor, I was diagnosed with scabies, and now I am worried my family also has it. The doctor has prescribed Permethrin cream 5%, Ketoconazole cream, Flutas 150 mg, and Levocetirizine. Are these tablets fine or should I add anything more? What should I do with the furniture and mobile phones? I h...  Read Full »

I have fungal infection in my ear.Is it mandatory to stay at the hospital overnight for a microsuction?

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with fungal ear infection yesterday. Doctor asked me to get admitted in the hospital for a microsuction to remove fungal debris. Is it mandatory to stay at the hospital overnight for a microsuction? Can microsuction be done as an out patient procedure without staying in...  Read Full »