Q. What could be the sore on the shaft of my penis as I am negative for STD and genital warts?

Dr. Payal Chauhan
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

I am a 60-year-old male and I am not sexually active. After masturbation, I use a moisturizing lotion. I developed a sore on the shaft of my penis. It is not painful and does not itch, but there is a slight awareness of sensation. This could be due to the bump catching friction as opposed to the smoother areas. In my lifetime, I had an occasional clogged pore or pimple when I was a virgin. I had examinations and never been diagnosed with an STD or genital warts.

Do you have a question on Penis Sore or Moisturizer?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Payal Chauhan

MBBS., MD
Dermatology Venereology

I understand your concern. Please send the photographs not as collage, but as separate files. It is difficult to appreciate the morphology like this in a collage (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You can send one photo of each of these days separately.

I have attached five files.

Dr. Payal Chauhan

MBBS., MD
Dermatology Venereology

Thanks for sharing the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I can make out a papular lesion which is flat topped with a few whitish scales on the surface. Also, the surrounding skin seems dry and peeling. This can be lichen planus, an inflammatory skin condition, with xerosis.

Kindly consult your doctor to discuss the suggestion and take the treatment with consent.

1. Cream Pimecrolimus 1 % apply twice a day on the papular lesion for two weeks.

2. Cetaphil moisturizing cream for the rest of the peeling skin twice a day.

How can I manage itchy penis?
Query: Hello doctor, I was suffering from itchy penis and sore throat. Recently, I have used Tamiflu, Advil and Tylenol for fever. It has reduced the sore throat, but itchiness is still there. Could you please advise?  Read Full »
Dr. Shahil Khant
Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com Relax and do not worry. You may be suffering from a urine infection. So, if possible, I suggest you get urine routine, culture and sensitivity report. The above test will diagnose urine infection, if present. Meanwhile, you should drink plenty of fluids, take syrup C...  Read Full »

Please help with itchy red rashes on the thigh.
Query: Hi doctor, I am having a problem with dry skin and rashes. I have a history of atopic eczema on the neck for which I am applying Flutivate cream. 4 weeks back some red rashes started coming up with itching. I thought it is because of dry skin, so I applied coconut oil and moisturizer. The redness ha...  Read Full »
Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please share in detail about the onset, progression, and duration of the rash. Is popliteal fossa (shallow depression behind knee joint) or antecubital fossa involved? What is the predominant complaint? Is it itching or burning? Do you have any rash over your thig...  Read Full »

My penis is hard even while flaccid. Is this stress related?
Query: Hello doctor, I am having a problem with my penis. It feels hard like a hard rubber tube even while flaccid. The veins have also become very prominent. Sex is now painful and my penis becomes sore and red after intercourse. I had all the tests done. All STD tests came out negative. The problem has b...  Read Full »
Dr. Purushottam Sah

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read and understood your problem. You have not mentioned what all the tests you did. You have mentioned only STD tests (sexually transmitted disease). It appears to be due to stress or anxiety, so do relaxation exercise. However to exclude other cause, you need to ...  Read Full »

Ask a Doctor Now