Q. Is sore penis from excessive masturbation and vigorous sex a permanent damage?

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba
Published on Mar 19, 2018

I have a very sore penis from excessive masturbation and vigorous sex. The shaft of the penis seems to be less firm that it was in the skin and appears to be stretched out near the head of the penis. There is no pain but mild soreness. There is some soreness if I try to play with it. There are no signs of bleeding or bruising that I can see. The penis seems to be numb and unresponsive to touch and also very hard to achieve and maintain the erection. I am currently on Seroquel Restoril and Nortriptyline. Is it permanent damage to the penis? This issue has been quite worried, and I am not able to sleep well.

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba

Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Sexology
#

The penile soreness is probably due to infection as penis appears to be reddish, due to this it feels soreness. It is not permanent damage and will be normalized once treatment is taken, which includes antibiotics. Antibiotics are to be chosen after culture and sensitivity test. Also, the drug you are taking currently, namely Seroquel (Quetiapine) and Nortriptyline also affects the sensation as that have some sexual side effects. Hope this helps you to decide further course of action.

For more information consult a sexologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

| 

I will see a urologist in person. Are you sure if it is an infection? Is there anything I can do now?

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba

#

It is probably due to infection. As of now do not indulge in sexual activity or rub penis and do not feel anxious. Rubbing can cause soreness, so do not rub now. It is unlikely to cause permanent damage. Wait for urologist opinion and decide accordingly.

| 

Do you see any evidence of a break or a tear in the tunica albuginea based on the photos? Do the raised veins show any cause for alarm?

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba

#

There does not seem any break or tear in any structure. Also, enlarge vein are normal, and it does not cause any problem. As I said before, do not get anxious much, it is not going to have permanent damage. It seems that you are too much worried for a relative minor issue.

Do not rub or play with it till you consult with a urologist. As of now there is nothing such thing that going to damage permanently. Hope this clarifies your concern.

| 

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba

#

You are welcome.

| 

Why am I having problems with erection?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 26-year-old male with a weight of 85 kg and a height of 5 feet 10 inches. Recently, I was not able to get an erection while doing sex and was also ejaculating very soon. This happened two days ago with my current partner while we were having sex for the first time and also with...  Read Full »

Can penile pump cause penis numbness?

Query: Hello doctor, I am using a penile pump under the direction of a urologist. Over a period of each of five days, I think I had overstretched the penis and now have a loss of sensitivity and soreness with no erection. Do you know if it will and how long it may take to recover sensation and remove the s...  Read Full »

Can a vibrator damage and shrink my penis?

Query: Hello doctor,I used a vibrator on my penis for 30 to 40 minutes and the result is that the hardness of my penis is gone and the length reduced a lot. Now, I am unable to have sex with my partner. Can you tell me any medicine for recovering from this situation and make my penis as it was before?  Read Full »

Ask a Sexologist Now