Perianal Abscess

Why is there a lump filled with fluid in the perianal abscess incision site?

Query: Hello doctor,I had a perianal abscess that was incised and drained in the hospital three weeks ago. I have had a small lump next to where they cut ever since, but when I press the lump, this fluid always comes out. I have attached a photo. Is this infection normal? I have no temperature, and I also ...  Read Full »

Dr. Shivpal Saini

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Treatment of perianal abscess is incision and drainage only. What the doctor did is the right thing. Secondly, whenever we do the incision and drainage, the wound generally takes its time to heal completely. Looking at the pictures you sent (attachments removed to ...  Read Full »

What can cause a lump that changes size in the outer anal area for around three months?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 22-year-old male. I am suffering from pain in the anal area. I have a lump with a white top. It keeps on increasing and decreasing. I have a sticky liquid coming out of it and my anus remains wet always. I have this issue for three months. What to do?  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can have a possibility of perianal sinus or abscess. There is a pus collection around the anus. As you have this issue for three months, the other possibility is infection with secondary abscess formation. You can have another possibility of inflammation of the ...  Read Full »

What can cause a slightly painful lump near the anus?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a lump near my anus. There is no bleeding but I have pain while passing stools. I have this lump from 8 years of age. I did not have any problem with it. There is no pain or bleeding due to it. Now I am 20 years old and I have pain in it for a few weeks with low quantity. Is it no...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Piles form within the anus and it does not form around it. Your description suggests a skin tag or anal tag. This does not require any specific treatment. You can simply ignore it. You can have other possibilities such as perianal abscess or boil. For this, I sugges...  Read Full »

Can piles cause a small pimple in the anal area?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a small pimple or swelling in the anal area since last week, which is not painful, and there is no problem with the bowel movement. It is sometimes itching. Is it piles or any related disease? It just had a small itching sensation and had small pain while washing after a bowel ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This seems to be a perianal boil. The boil is a pus containing a hair follicle. Hairs are the stalk, and follicles are the trunk of the hair. The follicle can get infected and cause enlarged painful swelling called a boil. It is not communicating to your bowel. That ...  Read Full »

Does a drained anal abscess still need surgery to prevent recurrence?

Query: Hi doctor, I have an abscess.  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Can you please provide me further details about your case?  Read Full »

Why do I get recurrent lump externally around anus?

Query: Hello doctor, Eight months before, I felt a small lump around the right side of my anus area, (before I had itching around the anus for several months). Later that lump became larger and painful in a week. I consulted a homeopathic doctor and he gave me medicines (Paeonia off Q, Acid muraticum, Aci...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems you have a perianal abscess. Perianal means around anus and abscess means collection of pus. It can be secondary to chronic itching and excoriation of the skin resulting in abscess formation. It can occur secondary to poor hygiene in and around the anal area...  Read Full »

What could be the painful and swollen lump in the perianal area?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a painful lump on my perianal area. I shaved on Friday and at first I thought it was only an ingrown hair but I am not sure anymore. For the last two days, I have been working sitting for many hours and it became very painful and swollen. I do not know if it is an abscess. Plea...  Read Full »

Dr. John Bocachica

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, I do not know the particulars of your case, it sounds as if you may have what is called a Bartholin’s cyst. This represents inflammation of the glandular structure in the perianal area in women. It is generally benign but can be very painful and uncomfort...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for unpleasant odor and redness in anus?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had an issue with my anus area for a while now. The area is always red, and there is always an unpleasant smell (fish). I do not notice any drainage. I have a history of Pilonidal sinus and abscess. I was tested for a few STD's but not all. I think it may have something to do ...  Read Full »

Dr. Hari Pathave

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If possible provide me photographs of affected areas that will help me for a better understanding of your skin problem and proper treatment plan. Photographs required for more accurate diagnosis purpose because treatment given without proper diagnosis can be less helpfu...  Read Full »

Is the painful swelling near anus a hemorrhoid?

Query: Hello doctor, I was suffering a lot with pain, discomfort and not concentrating on my studies, a small pimple like structure raised at my anal section. I think it is haemorrhoid. When I am making bowel movement, I was suffering a lot. Please help in solving this issue.  Read Full »

Dr. Eriol Braholli

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your description, it might be haemorrhoid or perianal abscess. If it is in a lower grade, some medical therapy may be proven to ease the pain and inflammation. But a medical consultation would be neccessary to determine that condition. Anyway, you can try a...  Read Full »

Why do I have lumps near the anus?

Query: Hi doctor, I am in real pain for past 9 months and my doctor is clueless after several visits. After a period of 38.6 weeks in latent labor, I had a vacuum assisted vaginal delivery (first baby). No ultrasound was done the very day of admission. With crowning left medio-lateral episiotomy was given....  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your complaint. It seems there is fistula (tunnel like passage) formation leading to recurrent perianal abscess in your anogenital area. But it needs to be examined to confirm the diagnosis. I would suggest you to consult an experienced surgeon for f...  Read Full »