Perianal Abscess

Does a drained anal abscess still need surgery to prevent recurrence?

Query: Hi doctor, I have an abscess.  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Can you please provide me further details about your case?  Read Full »

What can cause a slightly painful lump near the anus?

Query: There is one lump near my anus, but its not bleeding while passing stools but it pains a little bit. I have this lump since I was 8 years old. But I never had problem with it. It has no pain, no bleeding. And now I am 20 years old. But since few weeks it is painful but in a very low quantity. So is ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello. I welcome you to icliniq. Well piles usually form within anus not around it. The description you mention suggested that is is possibly an skin tag or anal tag. You can search on google writing this term and you may find the similar pictures that you have been feeling. This does not need an...  Read Full »

What can cause a lump that changes size in the outer anal area for around three months?

Query: I am suffering from pain in outer anal area. There is also a lump with white top which keeps on increasing and decreasing . Also a sticky liquid comes and my anus is most of the times wet.Its about 3 months i am suffering from this. I am a 22 year male  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello. I welcome you to icliniq. Well the symptom you mention suggest a possibility of peri anal sinus or abscess. This is pus collection around the anus. In your age, with history of problem for 3 months; one of few possible underlying causes are infection with secondary abscess (pus) formation. T...  Read Full »

Why do I get recurrent lump externally around anus?

Query: Hello doctor, Eight months before, I felt a small lump around the right side of my anus area, (before I had itching around the anus for several months). Later that lump became larger and painful in a week. I consulted a homeopathic doctor and he gave me medicines (Paeonia off Q, Acid muraticum, Aci...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems you have a perianal abscess. Perianal means around anus and abscess means collection of pus. It can be secondary to chronic itching and excoriation of the skin resulting in abscess formation. It can occur secondary to poor hygiene in and around the anal area...  Read Full »

What could be the painful and swollen lump in the perianal area?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a painful lump on my perianal area. I shaved on Friday and at first I thought it was only an ingrown hair but I am not sure anymore. For the last two days, I have been working sitting for many hours and it became very painful and swollen. I do not know if it is an abscess. Plea...  Read Full »

Dr. John Bocachica

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, I do not know the particulars of your case, it sounds as if you may have what is called a Bartholin’s cyst. This represents inflammation of the glandular structure in the perianal area in women. It is generally benign but can be very painful and uncomfort...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for unpleasant odor and redness in anus?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had an issue with my anus area for a while now. The area is always red, and there is always an unpleasant smell (fish). I do not notice any drainage. I have a history of Pilonidal sinus and abscess. I was tested for a few STD's but not all. I think it may have something to do ...  Read Full »

Dr. Hari Pathave

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If possible provide me photographs of affected areas that will help me for a better understanding of your skin problem and proper treatment plan. Photographs required for more accurate diagnosis purpose because treatment given without proper diagnosis can be less helpfu...  Read Full »

Can piles cause a small pimple in the anal area?

Query: I have a small pimple or swelling in anal area where stools are passing from last one week which is not painful and there is no problem with bowel movement. Its having an itching sometimes.. it is piles or any related disease. It just had a small itching sensation and had small pain while washing af...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello Dear. I welcome you to icliniq. This seem to be a perianal boil. The boil is a pus containing hair follicle. Hair are the stalk and follicles are the trunk of the hair. The follicle can get infected and cause enlarged painful swelling called as boil. It is not communicating to your bowel that...  Read Full »

Is the painful swelling near anus a hemorrhoid?

Query: Hello doctor, I was suffering a lot with pain, discomfort and not concentrating on my studies, a small pimple like structure raised at my anal section. I think it is haemorrhoid. When I am making bowel movement, I was suffering a lot. Please help in solving this issue.  Read Full »

Dr. Eriol Braholli

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, General Surgeon, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your description, it might be haemorrhoid or perianal abscess. If it is in a lower grade, some medical therapy may be proven to ease the pain and inflammation. But a medical consultation would be neccessary to determine that condition. Anyway, you can try a...  Read Full »

Why do I have lumps near the anus?

Query: Hi doctor, I am in real pain for past 9 months and my doctor is clueless after several visits. After a period of 38.6 weeks in latent labor, I had a vacuum assisted vaginal delivery (first baby). No ultrasound was done the very day of admission. With crowning left medio-lateral episiotomy was given....  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your complaint. It seems there is fistula (tunnel like passage) formation leading to recurrent perianal abscess in your anogenital area. But it needs to be examined to confirm the diagnosis. I would suggest you to consult an experienced surgeon for f...  Read Full »

Why do I get boils near rectal opening?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 42-year-old man, active in sports. Recently about five days back, while playing football on a concrete floor, I slipped and fell on my lower back (coccyx area) and injured myself. I, however, can carry on my daily activities at slightly slower speed now, and there is slight pai...  Read Full »

Dr. Dilip Meena

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. 1. This is most likely a bacterial infection affecting either hair follicle or perianal glands. 2. It does not seem likely that it is related to your lower back injury. 3. The causative agent is mostly the bacterium known as Staphylococcus aureus. 4. The pus has to be ...  Read Full »