Q. My mother is 49 years old and is tired and weary of more blood loss during periods. Please help.

Dr. Richa Agarwal

My mother is a 49-year-old female. She feels tired and weary of getting more blood loss during periods, and there has been more pain in the last two days. This year, it is the third time of getting more frequent blood during the periods. Please help.

#

I have gone through your history and understand your concerns. As per your description, these symptoms could be due to hormonal imbalance, as your mother is in the perimenopausal stage.

Get your pelvic ultrasound to see the endometrial thickness and get D and C (Dilatation and curettage) with Mirena insertion.

Get your thyroid profile and hemoglobin test also.

For excessive bleeding, I suggest tablet Tranexamic acid.

I hope you found it helpful. Feel free to ask for any information.

Thank you doctor for the advice,

Due to the COVID pandemic, we will not be able to move out of the house. Can you please suggest precautions we want to follow now?

#

You can take a high protein diet and lots of vegetables and fruits.

I suggest tablet Tranxemic acid and tablet Meftal -Spas (Dicyclomine 10 mg and Mefenamic acid 250 mg) for your heavy bleeding and pain.

Use hot fomentation as well for pain.

Whenever convenient, please do your suggested test.

|