Q. I got my periodontitis treated two years back, but again my teeth feel slightly mobile. Please help?

Dr. Bharat Joshi

I am 28 years old. I had gum diseases two years back, which was treated. I last visited a dentist two years before, and after that, there was a lockdown. In the lockdown, I noticed that my front teeth are very slightly mobile. Initially, I could feel them with my tongue. After that, the movement could be felt when I put pressure on my bottom teeth. Slowly, my upper molars also started feeling loose. The movement is not visible. I do not have any sensitivity. But I feel that my teeth are so tight. There's a lot of pressure on it. It becomes uneasy when my upper and lower teeth are touched.

#

Please be calm. There can be chances of periodontal infections characterized by mobility and bone loss.

I suggest you:

1) Please share picture of the involved teeth for the proper diagnosis.

2) Get an OPG (orthopantomogram) done.

I hope this was helpful.

I am attaching the pictures below. Both my bottom wisdom teeth are impacted. For periodontal disease, my dentist had advised me to apply gum paint and use hydrogen peroxide mouthwash. No medicines were recommended. I hope I can get the right advice.

#

After seeing your pictures (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity), I learned that you have a periodontal problem. In addition, there is swelling in your gums, so the internal bone may also be weak.

I am suggesting you some medicines

1) Metrogyl gel (Metronidazole) thrice a day topically over gums on the lower anterior.

2) Tablet Amoxycillin 500 mg twice a day for five days.

3) Chlorhexidine mouthwash twice a day for one week (Chlorhexidine 0.2 percent dilute in one glass of water).

4) Warm saline rinses six-hourly a day for five days.

Follow these tips for one week. It may require root-planing and curettage to remove deposits.

Report back after seven days for further suggestions. OPG might be needed later.

|