Q. I have very sore gums due to biting on my denture. How to fix this?

Dr. Nida Shahab

I have an upper plate and my natural teeth on the bottom. I am on my second plate and it fits very well. My problem is I constantly bite them together. And now I have very sore upper gums from the pressure. I also wear them 24/7. I take them out daily for cleaning. What can I do to ease the pain and fix the problem?

Dr. Nida Shahab

Dentistry
#

• First of all, stop wearing the plate (denture) for a week and apply gum paint there to make the gum tissue healthy again.
  • After that, when you start wearing the plate again do not wear it all day. Wear it in the daytime only and you need to remove it at night and keep it in a box filled with plain water. And in morning wear it again. Follow this, and you will get relief.
  • It is advisable to consult a dentist nearby to correct the occlusal relation.

For more information consult a dentist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

| 

Root Canal Treatment

Article Overview: Root Canal Treatment is a simple chairside procedure done to save the tooth that has been affected by caries severely, infecting the pulp of the tooth, and sometimes extending beyond the apex of the root of the tooth, infecting the surrounding peri-radicular tissues, and also in some other cases. Read Article

The most common complaint that the patients come up with to a dentist is toothache and the frequently heard term by them is root canal treatment. It is a simple chairside procedure done to save the tooth that has been affected by caries severely, infecting the pulp of the tooth, and sometimes extend...  Read Article

Early Detection of Dental Problems in Kids

Article Overview: It is of utmost importance that parents routinely examine the intraoral region of their kids for any anomaly of soft tissues or hard tissues like milk tooth, permanent tooth and the jaw. Most of the oral and maxillofacial anomalies seen in children can be corrected by taking appropriate preventive steps in the growing stage itself. Read Article

Dr. Naveen Thomas
Pedodontist

It is very important to routinely examine the intraoral region of the kids for any anomaly of soft tissues or hard tissues. For this, the parents should have a basic knowledge about the function of the mouth and the intraoral parts and its esthetics. Some of the common features which have to be kep...  Read Article

What medicine can be used to relieve gum pain after scaling?

Query: Hello doctor, My younger brother aged 18 years, is having teeth bleeding from a month. So I suggested him to consult a dentist and he went for it. As no one was there to guide him about what to do, he got into a trap by some brokers and they took him to their doctor. The doctor said it is pyorrhea...  Read Full »