Q. Why are my periods delayed after taking the I-pill?

Answered by Dr. Neha Singh Rathod and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Delayed Period or I-pill? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I got my periods 48 days before. I had an unprotected sex 40 days ago after which I took an I-pill. I had slight bleeding after one week for three to four days. I again had sex 11 days ago during which condom got ruptured. So, I again took an I-pill the same night. I have not got my periods since the last time. I am a bit worried. I did a pregnancy test 12 days ago itself but it was negative. Kindly help. Of note, I have had a medical abortion.