Q. Why are my periods delayed after taking the I-pill?

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

I got my periods 48 days before. I had an unprotected sex 40 days ago after which I took an I-pill. I had slight bleeding after one week for three to four days. I again had sex 11 days ago during which condom got ruptured. So, I again took an I-pill the same night. I have not got my periods since the last time. I am a bit worried. I did a pregnancy test 12 days ago itself but it was negative. Kindly help. Of note, I have had a medical abortion.

#

This could be because of hormonal changes due to the pills you have taken.

There is nothing to worry about.

However, if you have a doubt then get yourself checked by a gynecologist and get a pelvic scan done to rule out the exact cause.

Do get back to me with reports so that I can guide you further.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

I am having a whitish vaginal discharge which is thin in consistency not accompanied by any odor or abnormal color. I again did a pregnancy test and it was negative two days back. I still have not got my periods.

#

There is nothing to worry about.

Which blood test should I take?

#

You need to take serum beta hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) test.

My beta hCG (total) level is below 1.2 mIU/mL. What does the level indicate?

#

According to the report, there is no chance of pregnancy.

So relax and do not worry.

You can be doubly sure that there is no pregnancy.

When should I expect my periods? What should I do about it? And what about this discharge? It is still there.

#

You should be getting your periods within a week or 10 days.

However, if you do not get periods, then do not panic as there is no chance of pregnancy.

Do get back to me and do not take any medication without an expert advice.

|