Q. Why are my periods delayed after taking the I-pill?

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod
Published on Dec 25, 2017

I got my periods 48 days before. I had an unprotected sex 40 days ago after which I took an I-pill. I had slight bleeding after one week for three to four days. I again had sex 11 days ago during which condom got ruptured. So, I again took an I-pill the same night. I have not got my periods since the last time. I am a bit worried. I did a pregnancy test 12 days ago itself but it was negative. Kindly help. Of note, I have had a medical abortion.

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

This could be because of hormonal changes due to the pills you have taken.

There is nothing to worry about.

However, if you have a doubt then get yourself checked by a gynecologist and get a pelvic scan done to rule out the exact cause.

Do get back to me with reports so that I can guide you further.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

I am having a whitish vaginal discharge which is thin in consistency not accompanied by any odor or abnormal color. I again did a pregnancy test and it was negative two days back. I still have not got my periods.

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

There is nothing to worry about.

Which blood test should I take?

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

You need to take serum beta hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) test.

My beta hCG (total) level is below 1.2 mIU/mL. What does the level indicate?

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

According to the report, there is no chance of pregnancy.

So relax and do not worry.

You can be doubly sure that there is no pregnancy.

When should I expect my periods? What should I do about it? And what about this discharge? It is still there.

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

You should be getting your periods within a week or 10 days.

However, if you do not get periods, then do not panic as there is no chance of pregnancy.

Do get back to me and do not take any medication without an expert advice.

Delayed period after abortion. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 23 years old. Two months back she had abortion. After abortion she is taking Folic acid and Ecosprin 75. Last month her period lasted for around 14 days and then doctor gave her Sandoz medication. This month her period date already has passed far off but still she is not hav...  Read Full >>

Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please ask her to wait for a week for her period to start. If it does not start by then, she can repeat urine pregnancy test. If the test turns out to be negative, ask her to take tablet Medroxyprogesterone acetate 10 mg twice daily for five days. Period normally starts ...  Read Full

After I-pill, I had a flow but it was not heavy. What is the chance of pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, I need an urgent help. I was on my fifth day of my periods and I made out with my partner. I had my pants and my panty on and he had his penis out. He ejaculated on my pant, and I saw that some portion of my panty was wet as well. And I felt wet in the skin of the lower portion of abd...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? I do not see any reason for you to worry. Let me start by giving few basic facts about the period. Usually, ovulation occurs on the 12th to the 16th day of periods and life of the egg is 24 hours. The life of the sperm is 72 hours. So there is n...  Read Full

What does waterlike vaginal discharge indicate?

Query: Hi doctor, My aunt is 31 years old and had her uterus removed 11 years ago. From then she never had the periods nor any discharge. It was all alright until a month ago. She had suddenly started experiencing waterlike vaginal discharge which is little smelly, and it hurts in stomach sometimes. When s...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If there were few more facts about your aunt regarding the indication for uterus removal, any follow-ups, diabetic status, her sexual life, etc., would have been helpful. At the age of 31 years, the most probable cause is an infection. I put forth the possibilities a...  Read Full