Q. Kindly advise management of fever, cold, cough, sore throat, and body pain.

Dr. Goswami Parth Rajendragiri

Fever, cold, cough, sore throat, body pain. Please suggest some medicine. For the past two days, it is there. It is for my husband and his age is 39.

#

Your husband could have acute pharyngitis like infective cause. It could be a viral infection for which symptomatic management can be done. You can be prescribed Vitamin C 500 mg BD for five days. It is advisable to take Levocetirizine or Phenylephrine like decongestant. Diluted Betadine gargle will be beneficial for you. If no improvement, then further work-up is needed in form of ASO titer and CBC.

|