Q. Will use of Duromine cause change in behavior?

Dr. Amit Arora
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 15, 2019 and last reviewed on: Sep 19, 2019

My wife used Duromine for six months at first, no problems. But now she changed ultimately, she wants a deforce and can not tell me the real reason because she does not know why she feels like it. She is even moody with children. She does not want me moving out, saying we can stay together, but she does not know why and cannot explain it and want to be friends. There is no other person that I am sure. Please, I want to know if there are other tablets to fix this quickly.

Dr. Amit Arora

Cardiology
#

Well, short term but common side effects of Duromine (Phentermine) is irritability, nervousness, and insomnia. Change of sexual desire and psychosis are the rare side effects, but still, there is a possibility. So yes, there is a good possibility that Duromine is the reason behind her this behavior. I will advise you to stop this medicine immediately. She could feel some withdrawal symptoms for some days, but for them, you may consult some physician if withdrawal becomes severe.

After stopping this medicine give her plenty of liquids and fruit juices. Hopefully, everything will be fine soon, but in case of symptoms persist then please consult psychiatrist for proper evaluation, counseling, and management.

| 

Will Adepix interfere with anesthesia during sleeve bariatric surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, I suppose to get the sleeve bariatric surgery and I was taking Adepix and I stopped it a week ago. My surgeon told me he thinks I have to be off Adepix for three months before surgery. I only took it for three weeks. Is this true? He said it may interfere with anesthesia?  Read Full »

I had an episode of psychosis. How long should I stay on the treatment?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 35 years old male. I had an episode of psychosis for the first time four months ago and is treated with Risperidone and Escitalopram. For how long should I stay on the treatment?  Read Full »