Q. Will Adepix interfere with anesthesia during sleeve bariatric surgery?

Dr. Bhavsar Mrugank Mayankkumar
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 26, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I suppose to get the sleeve bariatric surgery and I was taking Adepix and I stopped it a week ago. My surgeon told me he thinks I have to be off Adepix for three months before surgery. I only took it for three weeks. Is this true? He said it may interfere with anesthesia?

#

I understand your concern about your health condition and possible issues related to Adepix.

Adipex is Phentermine which is Noradrenaline and Serotonin reuptake inhibitor which causes high blood pressure and an increase in heart rate in association with anesthetic medicines. But as per the literature and evidence, stoppage of medicine one week before surgery is usually recommended. So I do not think it should be a problem during surgery.

For more information consult an anesthesiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/anesthesiologist

|