Phentermine

My wife's behavior had changed completely after the use of Duromine. Why?

Query: Hello doctor,My wife used Duromine for six months at first, no problems. But now she changed ultimately, she wants a deforce and can not tell me the real reason because she does not know why she feels like it. She is even moody with children. She does not want me moving out, saying we can stay toget...  Read Full »

Dr. Amit Arora

Cardiologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, short term but common side effects of Duromine (Phentermine) is irritability, nervousness, and insomnia. Change of sexual desire and psychosis are the rare side effects, but still, there is a possibility. So yes, there is a good possibility that Duromine is the r...  Read Full »

Can Phentermine cause a bad taste in the mouth?

Query: Hello doctor, Two weeks ago, I started Wellbutrin SR. I started with a dose of 100 mg in the first week. In the second week, I went up to 200 mg following doctor's orders. The doctor also prescribed Trazodone 100 mg at night when needed for sleep. I stopped taking Trazodone because I felt...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your unpleasant taste in the mouth could be due to one of the two reasons listed below:  Phentermine itself known for this side effect Wellbutrin (Bupropion) and OCPs (oral contraceptive pills) can make GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease) and/or gast...  Read Full »

Can Cymbalta and Phentermine be used together for weight loss?

Query: Hi doctor, I take Cymbalta 60 mg for depression and Trazodone 100 mg for sleep. Can I take Phentermine for weight loss without problems of serotonin syndrome?  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Phentermine is a short-term (few weeks) adjunctive used as a part of a weight reduction regimen for patients with initial body mass index (BMI) more than or equal to 30 kg/m². Cymbalta - Duloxetine has serious interaction with Phentermine. Both if taken toge...  Read Full »

How to lose my weight soon?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 19 years old, and I am taking Duromine for two months. I have lost 16 kilograms. I am eating about 700 to 900 calories per day. My usual food consists of breakfast with a small piece of fruit. My lunch contains fruits and vegetables. I take my dinner with a salad and steamed vegetab...  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Wadi

Dietician, Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are taking an appetite suppressant and a low-calorie diet. You have hit the weight loss plateau. Suppressing the appetite is not good for health. Taking drugs can cause plenty of side effects. Hitting a weight loss plateau is quite excellent. It happens to almost ev...  Read Full »

Will Adepix interfere with anesthesia during sleeve bariatric surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, I suppose to get the sleeve bariatric surgery and I was taking Adepix and I stopped it a week ago. My surgeon told me he thinks I have to be off Adepix for three months before surgery. I only took it for three weeks. Is this true? He said it may interfere with anesthesia?  Read Full »

Dr. Mrugank Bhavsar

Anesthesiologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern about your health condition and possible issues related to Adepix. Adipex is Phentermine which is Noradrenaline and Serotonin reuptake inhibitor which causes high blood pressure and an increase in heart rate in association with anesthetic m...  Read Full »

Can Citalopram, Duromine and Panafcortelone be taken together?

Query: Hi doctor, I had mild depression five months back and overweight. Now blood pressure is high.My doctor has prescribed me to take Citalopram 20 mg, Duromine 40 mg and Idaprex 2. Also for the last 10 days, Panafcortelone 5 mg. From what I have read, the first three medications should not be taken tog...  Read Full »

Dr. Mayank Agarwal

Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is no drug interaction between Phentermine (Duromine) and Perindopril (Idaprex). Duroxime (for weight loss) can increase blood pressure which will be counteracted by Idaprex (for high blood pressure). There is no drug interaction between Citalopram (for depression...  Read Full »

Which of my two specialists should I listen to?

Query: Hello doctor, I have ADD and narcolepsy as well. I have not been on any medications for either. I consulted a sleep specialist and psychiatrist in two weeks separately. I have taken Phentermine 37.5 in the past for weight loss which did not work. I would take two pills and still be tired and go to s...  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Phentermine is a stimulant drug, but its use is mainly limited to weight loss. If that does not work for you, it does not mean that other drugs will not work. If you have been diagnosed with ADD (attention deficit disorder) and you have narcolepsy,¬†then other stimulan...  Read Full »