Piercing Infection

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by Verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

Can keloid develop on a cartilage ear piercing?

Query: Hi doctor, Do I need to consult a doctor for having a keloid on my cartilage due to over-piercing? Before few days, my ears got swollen by piercing them. It hurts a lot.   Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

ENT Otolaryngologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. A keloid develops due to overpiercing of the cartilaginous area of the ear. It takes around two months to form in the pierced region and they are painless. You have developed swelling due to contact dermatitis and so your area is inflamed and tender. You can follow ...  Read Full »

Am I experiencing ear pain because of the infected piercing?

Query: Hello doctor, For the past five days, I have been experiencing ear pain, not outer pain but inside the ear canal. It started a day after one of my piercings got infected and started bleeding. I have not taken any type of medication. The piercing has healed, but my ear still hurts. My sleep schedule...  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

ENT Otolaryngologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The most common reason to have pain is due to dermatitis, which has led to an infection. Dermatitis occurs due to the reaction of the metal piercing with the skin. You can start Tablet Ciplox (Ciprofloxacin) 500 mg one tablet two times a day after food for the next 5...  Read Full »

How long does an infected cartilage piercing take to heal?

Query: Hi doctor,I have a question regarding my ear infection. Before few weeks, I got a cartilage piercing. I used a saline solution to clean the piercing as the piecer told me to avoid using alcohol or peroxide. After going to the doctor, she told me to use Peroxide to clean it. Is it fine? Another area ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have this problem due to infection only. I have gone through the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity), you have developed all these symptoms after piercing only. In most cases, people develop infections after piercing. Infection occurs easily...  Read Full »

I have pain at the ear-piercing site. How to get cured?

Query: Hello doctor, I got a piercing done in the upper portion of my ear about four months back. Still, I have pain around one of my ears, but there are no signs of infection. I do apply lukewarm salt water solution to the affected area, but still it hurts. Please let me know something to resolve this.  Read Full »

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Ear piercing can lead to chronic infections and the use of earrings can further add on the metal allergy. Kindly mention if the procedure was done at a professional center and the type of the earrings that you use. Kindly upload an image of the present condition, even if...  Read Full »

What should be done to cure infected piercing?

Query: Hello doctor, I have an infected piercing. It is already one month since I have got a piercing. My infection is getting worse so I removed it. What should I do to my wound? I removed my piercing. It is my first time to be pierced so I do not know how to clean it and I am using fake pieces of jewelr...  Read Full »

Dr. Albana Greca

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry for the infection site you are experiencing. You need to get evaluated by your physician. I think you need prescription oral antibiotics. Wash with warm water and antiseptic soap, rinse well, dry thoroughly, apply oxygenated water, then apply Betadine. At the...  Read Full »

How to cure infection after ear piercing?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 4 years old. After piercing her ear, she is suffering from piercing infection. Her weight is 20 kg. I have also attached the pictures of her ears.  Read Full »

Dr. Eriol Braholli

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, General Surgeon, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It obviously is an infection from the piercing. To cure that you have to take the following measures. Remove the piercing. If pus comes out of piercing hole, squeeze it gently and put warm compresses to ease draining. I suggest her Cefuroxime syrup 250 mg per 5 mL a ...  Read Full »

I have a red bump near my nose piercing. Please suggest some ointment.

Query: Hi doctor, I got a nose piercing done a month back. It was done with a gunshot, and the metal did not suit me. It ended up with a swelling at the area. I changed it to a gold stud, which worked and the piercing was fine till now. From the past 4 to 5 days, I can see a red bump near the piercing. I v...  Read Full »

Dr. Suvash Sahu

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.I have read your concern.With your description, it seems you have developed irritant contact dermatitis to the metal stud.I suggest you try using Fucibet cream (Betamethasone and Fusidic acid) twice daily for seven days over the affected area. Do not wear any metal stud in ...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours
Chat with a Doctor

Chat with a Doctor

Starting @ just $29.99

Search for a Health Issue


Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.