Q. I have a red bump near my nose piercing. Please suggest some ointment.

This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 24, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I got a nose piercing done a month back. It was done with a gunshot, and the metal did not suit me. It ended up with a swelling at the area. I changed it to a gold stud, which worked and the piercing was fine till now. From the past 4 to 5 days, I can see a red bump near the piercing. I visited a doctor, and as advised, I removed the jewelry and changed it to a curry leaf stem. Will this work to heal the site? Should I also use some ointment to heal it faster?

#

I have read your concern.

• I suggest you try using Fucibet cream (Betamethasone and Fusidic acid) twice daily for seven days over the affected area. Do not wear any metal stud in the future, and stick to gold or silver studs.

For further queries consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

I have put curry leaf stem, as to avoid the piercing from getting closed. Will it help?

#

• Yes, you can use if it suits your skin.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

| 

Why did my lesion turn black after applying cider vinegar?

Query: Hi doctor, I have ringworm on my arm. I used Daktarin and that did not work. Then I used cider vinegar and it has turned black. Should I be worried?  Read Full »

I have some kind of skin infection. Please let me know further action from the image.

Query: Hi doctor, I have some skin infection for quite some time now. I have tired a few medicines for the same and I got a laser treatment once. Can you tell me what the issue is based on the images and also the possible treatment that I should undergo?  Read Full »

I have itchy skin rashes on my back that are now spreading. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, There is an area on my back that started as a rash and it has now spread and it continues to itch. What should I do? This has been there for approximately two months. I have attached photos for your reference.  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»