Q. After pilonidal cyst surgery, how many days of rest do I need?

Dr. Arvind Guru
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 11, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am a high school senior and about to graduate in two months. On the other side, I have a pilonidal cyst. I know that surgery is required to cure the infection on the inner side. My question is that after surgery, how many days of rest do I need? In short, how many days I have to miss? My symptoms include pain and a little blood sometimes.

#

• The days of rest required will depend on the type of surgery done which in turn is dependent on your pilonidal cyst.
  • It would be safe to say around a minimum of 10 days for the most complicated procedures.
  • In the case of simple drainage type of surgery two to three days of rest till pain subsides should be enough. I think you will fit into this, but do confirm with your surgeon.
  • As a rough guide for you, if any stitching is done then you should weight for at least a minimum of five days before you get back into your usual lifestyle.
  • Otherwise, things can go wrong. The area might not heal properly and lead to recurrence of this condition.

For further information consult a general surgeon online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-surgeon

|