Q. I had a partial circumcision 43 days back, why has the swelling not gone down yet?

Dr. Devendra

I am a 43 year old male, and I had a partial circumcision 43 days ago. The swelling has not yet come done. The doctor told me to wait, but it is not getting better. Any idea what is the problem? I do not have any other medical problem.

Dr. Devendra

Urology
#

• Kindly share a picture, so that I can see it before any comment. Do you have associated pain and fever or discharge from the wound?

Revert with more information to a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

| 

Thank you for replying. There is no pain or fever or discharge from the wound. The wound around the incision looks fine, and as you will see in the attached photos, the color of the swelling is also good. The doctor told me before 15 days that the swelling is due to fluid because we did a partial circumcision. However, he told me that he would expect the swelling to have subsided until now (15 days before). Now 15 days after the last visit to the doctor and 43 days from surgery, the swelling is still there. I have attached a photo. I do not have pain or infection, but there is a large swelling. Should I wait more? Should I put any cream? Please tell me your opinion. Thank you.

Dr. Devendra

Urology
#

I have seen the attached picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• This is paraphimosis due to ring at the dorsal side of the penis. Six weeks is sufficient time to wait for edema of surgical trauma to subside. I think you need a revision of circumcision with complete circumcision.

For more information consult a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

|