Q. Can you help me with the pimples on my penis and burning sensation while urinating?

Dr. Samer Samer Juma Ali Altawil

I am a 26-year-old patient weighing approximately 70 kilograms. I have no medical history other than a small fiber neuropathy for which I am taking Pregabalin. I had unprotected sex a week ago, and It was for a few seconds. Since then, I have been seeing the appearance of pimples on my penis and symptoms like a permanent burning sensation in the urethra when I ejaculate or go to the bathroom. I do feel an unpleasant burning and tingling sensation. However, there is no stink, discharge, or redness. I have had these symptoms for a week now.

Thank you for your help, doctor.

#

I understand your concern.

You have prostatitis, which is an inflammation of the prostate gland, which is why you feel uncomfortable deep in the pelvis or irritation just behind the scrotum and a burning sensation sometimes when you pass urine. I would suggest you take an antibiotic tablet Ciprofloxacin 500 mg, twice daily for two weeks (consult with the specialist doctor, discuss with him or her, and take medications with their concern).

I hope you will recover soon.

If you have any more queries, please let me know.

All the best and kind regards.

Thanks for your response.

What about the white pimples that I have on the penis? It causes discomfort in the prostate, especially at the level of the urethra, which tingles or burns me.

Please help me with this.

#

Those pimples are not related to this and are called Fordyce spots that do not need treatment.

Kind regards.

Thank you for the response.

I had difficulty urinating yesterday with a weak stream, and the urge to urinate again was there. Are these symptoms typical of what I have described to you?

#

It requires examination with an ultrasound to check for prostate fever as it indicates acute infection and may require injectable antibiotics.

Thank you for your response.

The fever has gone down, as well as the back pain. I no longer have the burning pain when I urinate.

Thank you for your time.

#

That is a piece of great news.

All the best.

|