Q. Can placenta percreta cause any difficulty during delivery?

Dr. Abhishek Singh

I am pregnant with my first child. I was diagnosed with preeclampsia in the first trimester. My obstetrician told me that I have a placenta percreta, and I will require a C-section. Additionally, my dentist has told me to make sure that the anesthesiologist should know about your difficulty in airway breathing because of trismus. I am worried about my delivery and want to know how to proceed?

#

If you have preeclampsia alone, then the delivery can be done under spinal anesthesia. As you also have placenta percreta, the surgery may be very extensive with more blood loss and hemodynamic instability so that general anesthesia will be the best one. Since you have trismus and difficulty in airway breathing, the anesthesiologist should always be ready with all the aids for difficult intubation and ventilation.

For more information consult an anesthesiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/anesthesiologist

|