Q. Can placenta percreta cause any difficulty during delivery?

Dr. Abhishek Singh
Published on Aug 01, 2018

I am pregnant with my first child. I was diagnosed with preeclampsia in the first trimester. My obstetrician told me that I have a placenta percreta, and I will require a C-section. Additionally, my dentist has told me to make sure that the anesthesiologist should know about your difficulty in airway breathing because of trismus. I am worried about my delivery and want to know how to proceed?

Dr. Abhishek Singh

Anesthesiology
#

If you have preeclampsia alone, then the delivery can be done under spinal anesthesia. As you also have placenta percreta, the surgery may be very extensive with more blood loss and hemodynamic instability so that general anesthesia will be the best one. Since you have trismus and difficulty in airway breathing, the anesthesiologist should always be ready with all the aids for difficult intubation and ventilation.

For more information consult an anesthesiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/anesthesiologist

Could you please check if my hCG reports are normal?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 28 years old. I got a positive result in the urine test for pregnancy after a missed period. My last period date was on the 24th. As I had slight abdominal pain, I was asked to do the beta hCG blood test twice in the gap of 48 hours to detect if the pregnancy is normal or ectop...  Read Full »

Is the fact menorrhagia leads to anemia true?

Query: Hi doctor,Person who suffers from menorrhagia (heavy bleeding during period) is at higher risk of anemia. Is this true? Is there any basis to this claim? What if you are already anemic and suffering from menorrhagia? What complications are associated with the same? What precautions should one take i...  Read Full »

What is the procedure for abortion at 6 weeks?

Query: Hi doctor, I would like to get a summary of abortion options for someone 6 weeks pregnant. Please explain the risk statistics as in what percentage the patient have risks and what type of patients they typically are. The woman in question is an otherwise healthy 21 year old.  Read Full »

Ask an Anesthesiologist Now