Q. What food can provide essential nutrients to baby after bleeding due to placenta previa?

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Khurana
Published on Jan 27, 2019

I have been diagnosed with placenta previa at 14 weeks. I have had one episode of heavy bleeding. Are there any foods (going above and beyond healthy pregnancy foods) that I should eat to ensure my baby gets the nutrients he needs to make up for the blood loss?

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Khurana

Family Physician Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

You have been diagnosed with placenta previa. Eat high protein diet via vegetarian and non-vegetarian sources, iron-rich diet to make for the losses. You can add Iron tablet daily if Hb is less than 10 gm. Your baby will get good nutrition if you eat a good diet. In your case, you can have the recurrent episode so be careful.

Maybe because the placenta is big in case of twins, sometime this placenta migrates to the upper segment at around 28 to 30 weeks.

Avoid any heavy weight lifting, exertion, long traveling, intercourse, squatting.

Be careful as it is painless and recurrent and even causeless.

| 

Where to put your penis during sex?

Query: Hello doctor,I recently got married and have a few doubts about intercourse. I am not clear about the vaginal spot. Where should I insert my penis exactly? I had a chat with my partner and she said that it is the spot where the gynecologist tested her uterus when we had a general check-up. Please...  Read Full »

What are the precautions to take in case of placenta previa?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 15 weeks and five days pregnant. Recently, she had an episode of a moderate amount of bleeding per vaginam. We immediately shifted her to the hospital where she was given some conservative treatment, and a USG was done. It was found that the inferior margin of the placenta w...  Read Full »

Counseling for Newlyweds

Article Overview: Do not wait until you have a problem to seek marriage counseling. Counseling can help newlyweds with their communication skills, sexual relationship, and much more. Read Article

Dr. Purushottam Sah
Psychologist Counsellor

Most people enter the marriage life with unrealistic expectations of a dream life influenced by some popular songs and movies. But soon their dreams are shattered and their married life gets ruined before it takes off. Ideally, couples should seek premarital counseling before getting married. Howev...  Read Article