Q. What food can provide essential nutrients to baby after bleeding due to placenta previa?

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Khurana

I have been diagnosed with placenta previa at 14 weeks. I have had one episode of heavy bleeding. Are there any foods (going above and beyond healthy pregnancy foods) that I should eat to ensure my baby gets the nutrients he needs to make up for the blood loss?

#

You have been diagnosed with placenta previa. Eat high protein diet via vegetarian and non-vegetarian sources, iron-rich diet to make for the losses. You can add Iron tablet daily if Hb is less than 10 gm. Your baby will get good nutrition if you eat a good diet. In your case, you can have the recurrent episode so be careful.

Maybe because the placenta is big in case of twins, sometime this placenta migrates to the upper segment at around 28 to 30 weeks.

Avoid any heavy weight lifting, exertion, long traveling, intercourse, squatting.

Be careful as it is painless and recurrent and even causeless.

|