Q. Why does bleed severely during menses?

Dr. Anindya Das

My wife is suffering from menstrual cycle problem. She is bleeding too much and her period continues for 7 days. Due to this,  low BP, headache and lower back problem has started. Since last two years she is feeling weak and less energetic. Kindly suggest good medicines preferably generic names. Thank you.

Dr. Anindya Das

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

From the details given in your query, it seems that your wife is suffering from abnormal uterine bleeding (AUB).

There are several reasons for AUB. For diagnosis, you better do one ultrasonography of abdomen and serum for thyroid function test.

Meanwhile, you can try tablet Tranexamic acid to control bleeding.

Revert back after the investigations to an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

Here I am attaching the reports for your reference. Is knee pain also related to this problem?

Dr. Anindya Das

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

I have seen the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

The scan report is within normal limit. But, the thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH) level is quite high which indicates that there is lack of thyroid hormone.

Moreover, your thyroid function test report has given T3 (tri-iodothyronine) and T4 values. But, FT4 (free thyroxine) is a better marker of thyroid function test.

However, it is better to consult an endocrinologist as lack of thyroid hormone can cause bleeding.

Problem in knees is not associated with this problem.

For further doubts consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|