Polyuria

What are the symptoms and warning signs of pre-diabetes and diabetes?

Query: Hello doctor, How to spot symptoms of high blood sugar and warning signs for high blood sugar and pre-diabetes? I would like to know at least one symptom of hyperglycemia, and explanation of why that symptom occurs during a bout of high blood sugar?  Read Full »

Dr. Prabhakar Laxman Jathar

Diabetologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Usually high blood glucose (hyperglycemia) symptoms are not very obvious, hence people do not come to know about the problem easily. So called typical symptoms of diabetes or hyperglycemia are : excess thirst (polydypsia), excess hunger (polyphagia) and excess urin...  Read Full »

Why am I always hungry and thirsty?

Query: Hello¬†doctor, I am a 19 year old female. My height is 5 feet and 6 inches, and my weight is 160. For the past month, I have been experiencing weight loss, increased hunger, increased thirst, and frequently need to go to the bathroom to pee out large amounts. My skin has become dry. I have also lost...  Read Full »

Dr. Pratik Patil

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hello doctor, Welcome to icliniq.com. All of these symptoms, along with weight loss and dry skin point to diabetes. Polyphagia refers to excessive hunger or increased appetite. Polydipsia refers to increased thirst. Polyuria refers to increased urination. .I suggest you screen yourself for blood sug...  Read Full »

I am urinating frequently, but the quantity is less. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I literally have to go to the bathroom all the time (pee urine). Everything else with my body is in excellent shape. Like every 15 to 30 minutes, I am going to pee and a lot does not come out compared to others of my age I have noticed. I usually have to get up in middle of night to g...  Read Full »

Dr. Geetha Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the symptoms detailed it seems you have polyuria that is frequent peeing, and nocturia that is the need to urinate twice or more during the night. How long have you been facing the aforementioned symptoms? Increased volume each time you pee? Do you have any urge...  Read Full »

How can passing urine while sleeping be treated in a child?

Query: Hello doctor,My boy baby is 9 years old and is still passing urine on the bed while sleeping. While I discussed with him, he said he is not feeling. As per doctor suggestion I used to wake up him by night for passing the urine but it did not work. Day time he gets it urgent and runs towards the bath...  Read Full »

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First, you have to rule out the organic or structural cause of enuresis, like urinary tract infections, obstruction, polyuria, diabetes, and any medicine. Second, if the organic cause is ruled out then you have to review the toilet training of your child, and medicine s...  Read Full »

I have excessive thirst and frequent urination. Are these due to my medications?

Query: Hello doctor,I have been on Lithium for bipolar disorder for over 20 years. From a blood test two years ago, I noticed that my GFR was below 40. So, I gradually started switching from Lithium to Epilim to avoid further damage to my kidneys. But now, I experience excessive thirst and I wake up at nig...  Read Full »

Dr. Pankaj Jawandhiya

Nephrologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your detailed reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Lithium commonly causes two types of renal disease, namely nephrogenic diabetes insipidus and chronic tubulointerstitial nephritis. Diabetes insipidus is causing the...  Read Full »