Positive Reinforcement

Please suggest measures to stop my daughter's lip sucking habit.

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter has been sucking her lip since her childhood. She is 14 years old. Now, her lip has become very swollen.  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentist, Endodontist, Pedodontist, Periodontist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You need to get an oral screen, custom-made for your daughter, which she has to wear continuously for three to four months duration. Oral screen can be made if you go to a dentist. The habit can be stopped only along with the will of the patient as she is already 14 years...  Read Full »

My son is afraid of his final exam. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 22 years old and doing final year college. He used to be good at studies. During his first year college, he was in love with a girl and that was a one side affair. So, he became depressed. He was diagnosed with acute psychosis and treated with Divalproex sodium and Olanzapine....  Read Full »

Dr. Kumarshri Shriniwas Saraswat

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand the situation that you and your son are in and you have my sympathies for the same. If worry and exam anxiety are the main issues currently, then he can be given tablet Trika SR (Alprazolam) 0.5 mg in the morning daily. This can be given till his...  Read Full »

How to handle long-distance relationships?

Query: Hi doctor,I am in a relationship for the past four years and my boyfriend has now moved to another city. We were in the same college and I used to hang out daily. But, now things have changed. He is busy there with his life. We are talking so less and so I cry some days. I am not even able to study....  Read Full »

Dr. Mehwish Mursaleen

Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I completely understand that you feel disturbed as your boyfriend moved to another city.  Read Full »

What are the treatment options for behavioral problems?

Query: Hi doctor, My sister, who is 21, never obeys my mom and dad. Neither, she will do any work if not pointed at. My parents are frustrated and always scream and shout at her. Even then, she does not do any work. I do not live with my parents, but whenever I visit them it is always like an invasion of m...  Read Full »

Dr. Sonia Malhotra

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Although your sister is too old and mature now, there are certain things your parents can try with her. These tips work well in modifying behavior of children, how I wish she was younger. Whenever she does something, she should be praised beyond what is needed. Although, ...  Read Full »

Please suggest ways to overcome anger and resentment towards my aunt.

Query: Hi doctor, I have seen my aunt torturing my mom during my years of growing up from 4 to 21 years. My father died when I was 3, so we had to stay at my maternal grandparent's house. All I remember in my childhood was my mom's suffering, fear of aunt, etc. I hate that aunt so much and we have cut all ...  Read Full »

Dr. K V Anand

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your problem. Your unconscious mind has certain footprints of what you have suffered in your past and you need to get rid of the negative aspects of it. There will be good and bad. Good incidents will give you pleasant feeling and bad incidents will give ...  Read Full »

Please suggest a way to maintain a healthy sex life.

Query: Hi doctor, I have been suffering from mild depression for the last two years. A year ago, I got married. Our sex life is not good. Now, we are planning for a baby. How to boost my sex life?  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. To maintain a good sex life, the first and foremost is a healthy body and mind. As I see that you are having depression, there is an urgent need to treat it immediately, if not done already. I feel Bupropion could be an opt...  Read Full »

Why do I stress myself while learning sports?

Query: Hi doctor, I have ADHD and I am currently on Vyvanse. I am a football player. I perform badly when I am under pressure. When I get a simple instruction, I feel like it as so tough. But, when I am practicing or alone, I can enjoy myself and play well. Even though I enjoy football and love the sport, ...  Read Full »

Dr. Padmapriya Chandran

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to get frustrated very easily. You are also unable to handle disappointments. Success and failure are two sides of the same coin. Take up a failure as a challenge and you will never get disappointed. Also, when you are impulsive your thinking is disorganized an...  Read Full »

How to overcome the fear of heart attack?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23 year old guy. I am getting panic all the time. My father died of a heart attack three years ago. I have only my mother with me and my bonding is not well with her. I was too close to my father. I am obese and having high BP too. Usually, I do not share my feelings with mom. I...  Read Full »

Dr. Lisa Barros Mascarenhas

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your fear. You have made a good start by showing a physician and started on medications for your blood pressure. It is good to be aware of your health. I am sure that they already advised lifestyle changes, so I will not go into its depths. Every ...  Read Full »

How to concentrate on my studies?

Query: Hi doctor, I am so depressed with my life. Everything is going good now, but some past activities and incidents of my life are not getting over. Also, there are some characters in my family who ruined my past life and also trying to ruin my present life. I cannot tolerate them. There are lots of th...  Read Full »

Dr. Parth Singh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, if you are really feeling very low, exhausted and numb, then I think you should start with a good antidepressant medication. I suggest Nexito 10 mg (Escitalopram) once a day and wait for the results for at least four to six weeks. Consult your specialist doc...  Read Full »

Is talking to yourself a symptom of schizophrenia?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 24 year old female. I am a healthy and happy person. I eat well and exercise well. I have a lot of friends, cool hobbies, etc. But, I have a weird habit. Whenever I am alone I talk to myself standing in front of the mirror. I imagine a lot. I think so many things like I am in an ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query with keen interest and understand your concerns. From the available description, I do not think you have crossed the limit of sanity or you developed schizophrenia. Schizophrenia is altogether very different disorder where people have abnormal perc...  Read Full »