Positive Reinforcement

Is talking to yourself a symptom of schizophrenia?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 24 year old female. I am a healthy and happy person. I eat well and exercise well. I have a lot of friends, cool hobbies, etc. But, I have a weird habit. Whenever I am alone I talk to myself standing in front of the mirror. I imagine a lot. I think so many things like I am in an ...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query with keen interest and understand your concerns. From the available description, I do not think you have crossed the limit of sanity or you developed schizophrenia. Schizophrenia is altogether very different disorder where people have abnormal perc...  Read Full »

How does an award impact one's career?

Query: Hi doctor, I am seeking insight from a psychological professional on how awards affect us. Why we give them? Why we deny them to others? And what impact it causes to the one who is receiving them or not has on one's career? Please explain both from the recipient or non-recipient perspective and fro...  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The topic of effects of awards is complex. The awards act as positive reinforcement to any individual and thus the probability of repetition of behavior increases. If we consider it from a psychological point, then if an individual is given award then it acts as an ...  Read Full »

I feel lost as my parents are not caring me equal to my brother. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a girl 20 years old. I am the eldest in my family, and I have a 7 year old brother. I am always fighting with my family. My parents nowadays do not care about me, and they were only thinking about my brother. I believe that my brother is the main reason for everything. I want my pare...  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunadh M Nair

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. It is pretty common for a family especially when there is a small kid to give more attention to him. Most often it is not deliberate. I understand you are facing difficulties because of that. My advice to you will be to see things in a positi...  Read Full »

I feel so down and inferior to everyone. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I feel so down and inferior to everyone. While growing up, I got everything I wanted. I had the best childhood. I was not the most pleasant kid though. I was mean and I wish now I could change it. I thought I was the cool kid. In middle school, I was bullied without actually letting it ge...  Read Full »

Dr. Parth Singh

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is said that a child is a father of man. Ever wondered what does that even mean? It means what we are as an adult is the end result of our childhood experiences. Our desires, traumas, fears and impulses all are working with our unconscious mind. These are the basic dri...  Read Full »

I always fantasize that my wife has an extramarital affair. How to overcome this?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from a mental disease in which I always think that my wife will be in an extramarital affair and get back with her boyfriend. How can I overcome this situation? I masturbate when I think about it. In the past, I used to suffer from thoughts that all the girls cheat and ...  Read Full »

Dr. Mehwish Mursaleen

Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I completely understand that you feel concerned about negative thoughts coming in your mind related to your wife and girls in general. There might be negative experiences related to opposite gender which might have a negative influence on your mind and you have deve...  Read Full »

My daughter is hypersensitive to insult and criticism. How to make her feel confident?

Query: Hi doctor,My daughter is 13 years old. For the medical record, she is yet to experience menarche. She is intelligent, cheerful, very creative, bubbly and incredibly empathetic child. I believe she is the best thing ever happened to us. I have a concern about her. She is very sensitive and cries at t...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. She is at a tender age and in 15 to 25 years of age fixation of traits of personality occurs. Though any individual start developing specific features since birth, reshaping occurs whenever needed. Learning by doing, modeling, copying others, etc., also determine the d...  Read Full »

My 7 year old son has a desire to get married. How to deal with this?

Query: Hi doctor, My 7 year old son says that he wants to marry when he see girls. He has a desire to get married. Please tell me how to deal with him. I am worried about him as he is too young.  Read Full »

Dr. Awadhesh P Singh Solanki

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Some children show such desire whenever they see opposite sex person. With growing age, such desire will decrease. You can deal it by the following measures. Whenever he demands marriage, never say no, It encourages him. Just tell him, you will talk with girls family. En...  Read Full »

How to cope with exam failure?

Query: Hello doctor, I failed around five times in CA final exam. My next exam is in a month time. I have not studied yet because I am so much depressed and demotivated. I am scared of failing this time also. My future is dark. Mentally, I am very much stressed which leads to the symptoms of high blood ...  Read Full »

Dr. Aditya Gupta

Psychiatrist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Success and failure are part of life, but we should keep trying. When we are down only way is up. I know it is easier said than done but you have to keep trying, and persistence is the only key to success. Here are a few steps that can help you. Do meditation daily for...  Read Full »

I was always bullied as I am a transgender with cleft palate. What would I do?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 26 years old. Since I was a kid, I was always bullied because I was born to be a cleft palate. Also, I am a transgender. My parents, especially my father did not care for me. Instead, he will just keep on scolding me. He will compare me to my other relatives, and he will hurt me. I ...  Read Full »

Dr. Aditya Gupta

Psychiatrist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are going through a tough time, but it is not your fault. Being born with a cleft or any other anomaly is not under any one's control, and there is no use of thinking about the things that we cannot change. What is in our hand is how we cope with the stressors. Cle...  Read Full »

How to live with positive thoughts?

Query: Hi doctor, I really need to get rid of all negative emotions and negative content in my head. I want to think positive all the time and live a normal life. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Padmapriya Chandran

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. A mixture of both positive and negative thoughts is required for a person to live normally. Invest in new hobbies, which will elevate your mood. Start doing yoga regularly. It will not only give you inner peace, but also the vitality for your body. Seek the company of ...  Read Full »