Q. My 7 year old son has a desire to get married. How to deal with this?

Dr. Awadhesh P Singh Solanki

My 7 year old son says that he wants to marry when he see girls. He has a desire to get married. Please tell me how to deal with him. I am worried about him as he is too young.

#

• Some children show such desire whenever they see opposite sex person. With growing age, such desire will decrease. You can deal it by the following measures.
  • Whenever he demands marriage, never say no, It encourages him. Just tell him, you will talk with girls family.
  • Encourage good qualities in him and say that if you achieve this, then we will plan a marriage for you. Positive reinforcement.
  • Make him busy in some musical instruments or other activities.
  • If you still think these measures are not working and he is also having other conduct disorders along with it, then I will suggest you visit a nearby psychiatrist for medications like Risperidone. This medicine will help in early recovery.

For further information consult a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

|