Q. Why am I getting severe pain in the area where wisdom tooth was extracted before 2 years?

Dr. Disha Kandi Jain

I have a severe pain at the end of my upper left Jaw, exactly where my wisdom tooth was removed two years ago. I have an x-ray of the area to show as well. Toothache starts in the morning everyday, since about five days. I do not have blood pressure, diabetes, or any other major issue. Today, I started Danzen DS (20 minutes before food) and Synflex (right after food) in the morning. I gargle with saline water and Benzarin mouth wash five times a day each.

Dr. Disha Kandi Jain

Dentistry Naturopathy Orthodontist
#

I have gone through your attachment. (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

The medication you are taking are right and oral hygiene measures also to the point. I want to know a few more details about your site of concern. Do you have any injury or any kind of trauma over there? Any hot foodstuff or any sharp food thing hit there? How does that site look like? (As you have not uploaded an image of that area or site so soft tissue evaluation is difficult). If any minor injury or trauma is there or pain is there at that local site then you can apply ghee over there or local anesthetic oral gel.

Lukewarm water with a pinch of salt in it for gargling will help more. Does any tooth from the lower arch hitting that site? Because that may be one of the reasons for local site pain.

| 
1 out of 1 likes

My younger brother is MD and he saw the site, he said that it is inflammation on that site. I had no injury and no sharp food was hit there too as far as I know. Pain started on a day in the morning. Previous night I had not brushed my teeth and had eaten some rusks which might have caused the pain. Does any tooth from lower arch hitting that site? No, there is enough gap when the jaw is closed. I am a smoker also. I have also attached the exact view of the local site. Please advice.

Dr. Disha Kandi Jain

Dentistry Naturopathy Orthodontist
#

I have seen the attachment. (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

Knowingly or unknowingly something must have injured that part.

I advise you to quit smoking as it is injurious to health, it lowers the immunity, affects the healing of mucosa. Take Vitamin B complex tablets. Zytee gel for local application.

You can take a pain killer when needed. Continue gargling with lukewarm water and salt added in it. Also, turmeric milk will be helpful for healing purpose and considering current viral outbreak.

| 
1 out of 1 likes

I am having severe pain in tooth, jaw and ear after extraction. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a root canal done three months ago on tooth 19. I have not had a crown done yet due to financial reasons. I went to a new dentist for tooth pain in that area and he said he could not help me because the x-rays showed the root canal was not finished. I called my endodontist back...  Read Full »

How can inflammation of the eye be cured?

Query: Hello doctor, My eye was inflamed and I applied Pred Forte and the inflammation disappeared. I work on the computer a lot. In the past, there has been some redness, but cold compresses have been helpful. The redness is back again now. My eyes always go red after I wake up. I applied s...  Read Full »

How long does the pain last after wisdom tooth extraction?

Query: Hello doctor, I had all four impacted wisdom teeth out a week ago. The pain has been absolutely horrible which I knew it would be. However, my left side has healed very well, is no longer swollen with minimal sensitivity. Now my right side is still as swollen as day two or three. It is hard, sensi...  Read Full »