In March, we got a Sheepadoodle puppy. I have never been allergic to dogs. However, is it possible that this mixed breed, 70 percent standard Poodle and 30 percent Sheepdog is causing my problems? The Sheepdog is not a hypoallergenic dog and I am thinking that her dander may be the culprit. I have rhinitis/post nasal drip that is causing awful throat clearing. I am taking corticosteroid sprays,saline rinse, and Rhinocort. My blood test showed little to no allergy to dogs. How do we test this? I know my bloodwork shows little to no dog allergies. However, is the Sheepdog part of this? Can we test her dander/saliva with a scratch test? If I am allergic to her, what can we do? I would hate to give her away, however, I cannot handle this terrible PND and constantly taking these drugs. Is there a scratch test we can do specifically for her? Take the dander/saliva from her?
Currently, we dropped her off at my in-laws today. I am going camping for four days. If I clear up and bring her back on Friday and my symptoms ignite, then, it probably is her. Please suggest.