Q. How to cure chronic post-nasal drip and change of voice?

Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal.

Do you have a question on Post Nasal Drip or Steam Inhalation? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am 19 years old. I have been living with persistent allergies in my whole life. I have chronic post-nasal drip. I have lost my voice and get some sort of sore throat, whether that be laryngitis or strep throat. I had the same thing thrice in the past three months. This is especially difficult because I sing in my school's advanced chorus. In addition, because of the chronic post-nasal drip, I have to clear my throat a lot. My sinuses are congested frequently. Over-the-counter drugs provide temporary relief, but I have reached a point where I am tired of taking Mucinex or Benadryl every couple of days. I was wondering if I am a good candidate for sinus surgery. My mother and grandmother have both suffered from similar symptoms in the past and they both have had the surgery. It has seemed to help them overcome about 85% of their previous issues. Please help me. Thank you.