Q. Will I develop latex allergy if I use rubber yoga mat?

I am a 19-year-old male. Currently, I have a dust allergy. Sometimes, I have a sinus problem. Can I develop latex allergy if I use yoga mat made up of natural rubber material?

#

Allergy is genetically determined, and it can be identified by doing allergy testing. We cannot say whether you can develop an allergy or not. Even a skin prick test or a blood allergy profile can tell you whether you are sensitized to that particular allergen, or not and it is not confirmatory.

Regarding the current allergies you have, dust allergy is a misconception. Anybody will sneeze when they inhale dust or polluted air. That is not an allergy. Sinus problem occurs due to allergy. Most common allergies occur due to pollens, house dust mites, and molds. Molds play an important role in allergy and chronic sinusitis patients.

|