Q. What can be done to postpone period?

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya
This is a premium question & answer published on May 02, 2016 and last reviewed on: Feb 13, 2020

My marriage is ahead in 13 days. We are planning for honeymoon after four days of our marriage. But, my fiance's monthly cycle date is on the fifth day following our marriage. We need help in postponing her period as well as about birth control. Please guide.

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• It is a perfect time to start a birth control pill from now.
  • Just start a Novelon (Desogestrel and Ethinylestradiol combination) tablet from day one of this cycle.
  • Then start another pack after completion of this one without any gap. This will cross your honeymoon date.
  • Just stop taking pills when you like to have cycle and then start a fresh pack after seven days gap.

For further doubts consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

Will this tablet result in any kind of loose motion problem? She only took one pill yesterday.

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Thanks for interacting. Do not worry.

• It could be a separate issue as oral pills does not have any such side effects.
  • Just ask her to take plenty of water and Cifran-CT (Ciprofloxacin and Tinidazole combination) tablet twice a day for five days.

| 

It looks like motion problem is not because of this and it stopped. But, she is complaining about some itching on her thighs and we need a solution to this please.

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• I have told you that the loose motion was not related to pills.
  • Is there any possibility of any form of food allergy that could lead to loose motion and itching at a time, like prawn or seafish or brinjal?
  • If not so then just apply Calamine lotion to both thighs which has a soothing effect.
  • If it still persists then any form of anti-allergic in the name of Cetirizine or Cetiriz 10 mg for three days will help.
  • Just confirm that there is no possibility of insect bites or contact dermatitis. As before, this is also not related to the pills.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|