Q. Can a feel of spinning occur due to inner ear imbalance?

Dr. Alok Rathi
This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 04, 2016 and last reviewed on: Apr 11, 2019

My head feels heavy for the past three months, and I am having neck stiffness as well. I have consulted an orthopedist who gave me Stemetil MD, but was of no use. I consulted a neurologist and had Sibelium, Myoril, etc., but still the problem is not cured. In certain positions, I feel my head is spinning. Can it be due to loss of inner ear balance?

#

Sensation of spinningor dizziness is usually due to improper functioning of balance system. It includes your inner ear, cerebellum (part of brain), peripheral sensory system and eyes. All must work together and synchronize with each other to maintain balance.

Problem in any one of the system, will make you feel dizzy. In your case, for neck pain stress may be the cause.

However, you need to provide with detail history to make diagnosis. When did this problem start? How was first episode begun? And how long it lasted?

|