Q. Kindly explain any abnormality present in my blood and urine reports.

Dr. Magesh T
Published on Feb 28, 2019

Based on the health check reports attached, please confirm if any of the parameters are our side range which needs to be monitored, especially the ones marked as L or H (RDW, total blood count, lymphocytes, indirect bilirubin, potassium serum, etc). This is for a 33-year-old female.

Dr. Magesh T

#

Welcome to iclinq.com.

I just went through your blood reports and urine protein examination in blood reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your hemoglobin level seems to be normal 12.5 also and then other components like white blood cells, red blood cells platelets all are within normal limits. Your liver function test is also quiet normal, nothing is to be worried.

Coming to your kidney function your creatinine also seems to be quiet normal. Except your potassium level is 5.14 which seems to be little high normal needs to be taken care of. Avoid drinking tender coconut water, avoid eating bananas and avoid anything that is rich in potassium. Normal level is 3.5 to 5.5 so you are close to the high normal, so avoid foods that are rich in potassium.

The next thing is your thyroid function is very normal, no need to be worried. Vitamin D is on the low side. It is 15, so what I advise is take tablet Calciquik 60K units calcium once a week for eight weeks followed by one tablet every month for the next 10 months. Your serum vitamin B12 also seems to be normal everything is normal except for your low vitamin D and potassium is on the higher side.

I had pulmonary embolism. Can I take Spironolactone?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a pulmonary embolism as a teenager 10 years ago after taking Yasmin for acne. I was wondering if Spironolactone would be safe to use or could it cause me another embolism? I have a mild form of PCOS. Accutane did not work and acne creams do not work. Currently, I am using Minocy...  Read Full »

I feel a sudden change in heartbeat. Will Potassium tablet help?

Query: Hi doctor, Can a normal person take Potassium Chloride (99 mg) tablet for good working of the heart? I sometimes feel a sudden change in my heartbeat. Will this tablet help to rectify that? What are the side effects of the above mentioned tablet? I have started taking it just three days before and ...  Read Full »

After abortion, my wife is bleeding from anus. How to manage?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife was admitted to hospital due to incomplete abortion and dengue fever NS1 reactive. She had 6 weeks pregnancy. Doctor has done surgical abortion and it was found dengue fever after blood test. She was admitted for three days. Her initial platelet count was 150000 and later 180000, ...  Read Full »