Q. Does my NT scan and dual marker test show any risk in pregnancy?

Dr. Uzma Arqam
Published on Oct 19, 2018

I am 35 years and in my 13th week of pregnancy. This is my first pregnancy and acheived through ICSI. I had my NT scan and dual marker test was done a week back. The results for the same are NT: 1.10 mm, CRL: 68.2 mm, PAPP-A: 0.18 MOM/0.66 mIU/ml, free beta-hCG: 46.5 ng/ml. I have been given a trisomy 21+ NT risk of 1:72 and I have just given my blood sample today for NIPT. I have multiple fibroids which are mostly located posteriorly. I am really worried and want to know about the level of risk my pregnancy has.

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Your previous obstetric, gynecology, medical, and drug history matters. Have you been on folic acid daily? If you had any medical issue, was it treated and checked properly? Your nuchal translucency is normal. PAPPA more than 0.5 MOM is normal but you have 0.18. It is less. Free beta hCG is fine. It would be better if you would send me your report. As per your description, your risk for Down syndrome is 1:72. Then you have an estimated chance of having a baby with Down's syndrome as 1 in 72 babies. Your age limit has the risk of anomaly moderately.

Check NIPT report and have detailed anomalies scan at 20 weeks with expertise hands. Multiple fibroids can give you painful antenatal period as in pregnancy degeneration occurs at a more higher pace. Have a strict check on the scan, NIPT report and discuss here or with a local treating gynecologist. If you do not have a family history of a congenital anomaly then the risk would be less as this also count to calculate risk. If the above two investigations come normal, then in future, the baby will need strict monitoring of fetal heart sound, movement, and growth. Have regular antenatal visits and in case of any bleeding or pain report immediately to tertiary care gynecology emergency.

Pregnancy test positive. On the 9th day had slight bleeding, why?

Query: Hello doctor, My period is delayed and I took pregnancy test after seven days and it was positive. On 9th day that is four days ago I had slight bleeding with brown blood and till now bleeding continues with mix of little and medium flow. Doctor recommended me not to continue with the pregnancy. Kin...  Read Full »

Pregnancy tests were negative, but I passed blood clots. What could it be?

Query: Hello doctor, My period usually comes on the 6th every month, but I did not get my periods of this month. In fact, I forgot it because I did not have any usual cramps like I would. I started feeling weird and having a few pregnancy like symptoms such as nausea, fatigue, headaches and my nose started...  Read Full »

Pregnancy test shows negative, shall I take medicine to induce periods?

Query: Hi doctor,I got my last period before three months. I have not gotten my periods ever since. I had protected intercourse twice before two months. However, I have no symptom and all the pregnancy tests are negative. Also, I have missed my period the same way, even before once and my cycle is gener...  Read Full »

Ask a Fetal Medicine Specialist Now